1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Lenovo launches first Ion netbook

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 26 May 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Netbooks with 12"? I thought it was all about the ultimate portable machine <=10"?

Anyways, I'll wait for a serious review of anything based on Ion. While promising a lot I'm not sure if it's worth the premium for me as I will NEVER use a netbook for gaming. In my eyes, and feel free to call me old-fashioned, desktop PCs are still the way to go for gaming.

3. Saivert

Saivert Minimodder

"netbook" means just as much as what you put in it. they will milk this new buzzword just as any other.
    But MIcrosoft seems to have finally nailed the definiton with the new hardware limits the impose on Windows 7 Starter Edition. No more than single core processor, not more than 1.6Ghz and 10.1 inch is the max.

4. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

How good Ion doesn't aim for that market, eh? They just miss these specs by almost 100%. :D

5. Tejstar

Tejstar What's a Dremel?

6. rembo666

rembo666 What's a Dremel?

It's a pity that Microsoft got in bed with Intel on the netbook definition. I would love to get a netbook, but 1024x600 (or whatever it is for 10 inch screens) resolution is not enough. I need at least 800 vertical lines to be able to effectively do my work. If the 12in netbook market survives the screwing by MS and Intel, I'm definitely getting one ( once Win7 comes out).

7. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Minimodder

If I buy a netbook at all, it is likely to be an Ion based one. Will be following this closely.

8. david fretwell

david fretwell What's a Dremel?

Not that bothered about Ion in a netbook, the screens are to small for you to appreciate 1080/720p but in a mini atx motherboard it will make a killer HTPC

9. pendragon

pendragon I pickle they

this isn't a netbook .. but it does look like quite a nice sub notebook :) .. I'm all for the Ion platform

10. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

I spy with my eye, something that is made of fingerprintplastic. Sigh, not you too, Lenovo!

Manufacturers: DO NOT USE THE ****ING TRENDY SHINY PLASTIC ON YOUR PORTABLE DEVICES, IT WILL LOOK LIKE **** AS SOON AS THE GADGET IS USED. In real-life people have greasy fingers and there's dust in the air. Just accept it and act accordingly.

I'm so fed up with the gloss plastic, it's getting even more common and annoying than bright blue leds.

Tags: Add Tags