1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays Dell 3008

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Pookeyhead, 1 Jun 2009.

1. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

I'm considering this, but I've read something worrying.

Apparently, for HDCP to work, you have to manually set the monitor to 1920x180. Anyone who has this display confirm this? If that's true.. then it sucks... which is a shame, as it's big, it's IPS, it's fast, and it looks fantastic.

[edit]

Also looking at the NEC MultiSync® LCD3090WQXi, but I read it has "overdrive".... I'm assuming it's going to lag... hard! Correct?

Last edited: 1 Jun 2009
  2. PureSilver

PureSilver E-tailer Tailor

I assume you read B-T's no-holds-barred assault on overdrive.

3. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

How are you trying to connect the monitor? DVI, Display Port, HDMI?

I know with my 3007 i couldn't playback HD films from my 360 HD drive, and it was saying something to do with HDCP, so i assumed it was the DVI. Your 295 should have HDMI, and thus you shouldn't have any issues, but i'm only guessing. Just get it anyway, it's a massive improvment over your 2405 (and if you sell your 2405, i may be interested:thumb:)

Hope that helps

Sam

4. Pookeyhead

I did.

It will probably be DVI. The issue I've read about is that if you play, for example, a BluRay disc, it will not play it in HD unless you manually set the monitor to 1920x1080 first. Something to do with the way HDCP is implemented on this screen.

I'll be keeping the 2405... still a great screen. May have it as a second, screen, or let my wife have it.

May not buy anything yet. Just researching at the moment.... my researching usually does result in a purchase at some point down the line however LOL

Another thing... as 1080p is 1290x1080, would it not end up looking WORSE on a monitor of this res? Surely it will be upscaled, hence degraded.

5. Walibe

Walibe What's a Dremel?

Well does Sky HD look crap on your 1920X1080 HD TV? No, but it doesn't look as sharp as full HD. I suspect you would be OK. The 3008 has the lowest input lag of any monitor its size from what I've read so if you have the cash its probably the way to go.

6. Pookeyhead

I thik I agree with you. Big, fast, good reviews, IPS.... whats not to like?

If I am bothered about 1080p at native... I should just buy a proper HD TV and shut the hell up LOL

On ebay for as little as £780 as well.

7. Walibe

Walibe What's a Dremel?

Yeah and its from the same ebay store I got my 27" one from so can recommend them!