1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WIN A ICYBOX MULTIMEDIA PLAYER, SERVER & MORE

Discussion in 'ICY BOX' started by Nathan@Nanopoint, 22 Jun 2009.

1. Voluntary_Pariah

Voluntary_Pariah a Real Man™

I really want to win this Icy Box Multimedia player because...
    1. I like freebees
    2. I never win anything and I would like to end my loosing streak
    3. I have already maxed out 2 200GB HDD's with media and I am too poor to buy a 1Tb HDD
    4. I need something to cheer myself up after realising that I am not as funny as everyone
    else on the forums
    5. Did I say I liked freebee's?

2. bradders2125

bradders2125 What's a Dremel?

I really want to win this Icy Box Multimedia player because...I will stamp my feet and throw a tantrum if I don't.

3. drugs

drugs What's a Dremel?

I really want to win this Icy Box Multimedia player because... I need to catch up on all of those "House Hunters" episodes I've been missing out on. I ain't got no cable for chrissakes!

4. ashchap

ashchap Minimodder

I really want to win this Icy Box Multimedia player because... I'm getting a new flat and I need to be able to watch my ever increasing media collection in the living room.

By the way, is the winner selected by the wittiness of the reply or just at random?

5. pistol_pete

pistol_pete Air Cooled Fool

I really want to win this Icy Box Multimedia player because... the media centre I built myself is rubbish. For a start, it's huge, probably almost the size as a normal ATX case, through my poor design. But my limited tools meant I couldn't make much better. And while it is fairly quiet by virtue that I've turned down all the fans, it's 1.3Ghz Duron and stone age graphics card are really showing their age - I can still watch 4od, but iplayer doesn't work any more since they upgraded their software, and itvplayer has never worked, just stutters. A proper box thing would really help.

What is HD?

Also, people always ask me what my stupid box thing is. Which is a fair questions as really it's just a big black box and the only clue it's a pc is the usb port chewed into the perspex. It has a DVD drive (and a CD, no less) but I had to stealth them by super gluing a blanking plate to the end of the trays, as the beige of the drive fascia looked a bit 90's. Also, there's no way to open the CD tray without switching it on.

I feel wining an Icy Box would solve many of these issues, give me a practical, low power, low noise, small and cute box that girls would be curious about. It would also allow me to expand my multimedia lifestyle in ways I can't understand, let alone enjoy at the moment.

Regarding the hard drive, 1TB sure would be useful. I have a 500GB drive at the mo but because my XP install was pre-SP1 I could only use 130GB of the drive, and I had to make a partition with the rest, and the 130GB is full of games, which I hadn't realised had got so big since my last system, and now it's all a mess.

Also Cray, my pet Darwinian, said he wanted an Icy Box, though he wouldn't tell me what for.

[/plea]

Last edited: 23 Jun 2009
  6. BigDaddy600

BigDaddy600 What's a Dremel?

Me and my family don't have much money so the hd tv has no hd input, and any hd videos i get now have to be played on my 17" crt :(

7. hodgy100

hodgy100 Minimodder

I want my parents to get out of the dark ages and see how a multimedia player can easily give them access to a huge amount of content. Also it might push them to get a hdtv as they would then be able to use hd content

8. friskies

friskies What's a Dremel?

I really want to win this ICY BOX Multimedia player because then my girlfriend could watch movies and listen to her music collection while i use the computer.

9. Hypno

Hypno What's a Dremel?

"I really want to win this Icy Box Multimedia player because."

I love my current Icybox which i've had for 3 years and its never failed me.

10. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

it's exactly what my future mother-in-law asked me to buy for her.

11. g3n3tiX

g3n3tiX Minimodder

I really want to win this ICY BOX Multimedia player because...
    my friend, my brother and I live in 3 different apartments (connected via wifi/rj45), and would love to easily share media using it.

12. Tynecider

Tynecider Since ZX81

I really want to win this Icy Box Multimedia player because...a media box was on cards for my fiance's birthday present.
    Windows media center was too 'computer' for her, this was something i could see her using more comfortably.
    Hard times after a redundency have shelved the whole idea of treating her, winning a contest for this gift would a whole lot more than just winning....let me tell you.

cheers;)

13. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

ugh seriously you think a site as big as Bit-Tech and that company could afford world wide shipping it really isnt that much hell we would even be willing to pay for shipping.... sheesh

14. Mr_G

Mr_G Lazy but happy

Its ice-cold looks will be able to hold my red-hot taste in music and film!

15. Red 5

Red 5 What's a Dremel?

You know... thing.

[​IMG]

:o:worried:

16. Promethus

Promethus What's a Dremel?

I am living on a construction site, in what is basically a cargo container with a bed, and I would like to watch all of my videos, instead of being bored out of my mind.

17. LatinSpirit

LatinSpirit Minimodder

it would make playing my multimedia on my TV/console sooo much more straight forward!

18. Matticus

Matticus ...

There is never anything on TV.

19. K.I.T.T.

K.I.T.T. Hasselhoff™ Inside

My laptop was stolen last weekend and now i have no media system to hook up to my lounge TV

20. DaTLiTe

DaTLiTe What's a Dremel?

I really want to win this Icy Box Multimedia player because

It will final stop my girlfriend from complaining that i have an ugly case (currently have the P180) and also give me excuse to build a media system so i can finally live my dream and be a couch potato!=)