1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Windows 7 cheap-selling period is over.

Discussion in 'Software' started by aLtikal, 23 Jul 2009.

1. aLtikal

aLtikal 1338-One step infront of the pro's

I checked ebuyer yesterday and they were selling win 7 for £70. now there selling it for £150 :(

The MS website also says that the discount period is over :(

i was gnna get a windows 7 pro but missed out :( so annoyed. Anyone know if there gnna do another cheap-sale period?

2. DarkBanana

DarkBanana What's a Dremel?

Don't think it'll ever be as cheap as that tbh. Unless loads of ppl complain to ms... Might be worth getting a not-so-cheap-preorder copy...

3. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

4. ZoFreX

ZoFreX What's a Dremel?

Home Premium is still only £70 on Amazon... it's pretty full featured so unless you definitely need Pro, grab it!

5. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

Not really a bargain TBH. It was £44.99, and an OEM copy of Windows 7 will probably be about £70 after its been launched.

6. ZoFreX

ZoFreX What's a Dremel?

This is proper though - OEM can't be transferred, limited reinstalls, etc. It's certainly only going to get more expensive from this point until launch, so I would say, grab the edition you want now!

7. oovarvu

oovarvu What's a Dremel?

don't bother to pre order. just wait till it's released and get one of your student friends to get you a copy from one of the cheap student software sites.

8. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

I didn't know such a thing existed, well apart from BitTorrent. :sigh:

9. ZoFreX

ZoFreX What's a Dremel?

Computer Science courses tend to get access to things like MSDNAA (Microsoft Developer Network Academic Alilance) which for me currently has Visual Studio 2005, Visio 2003, Vista Business, a few other things. Recently we got a new site called Dreamspark which seems to have newer software - VS 2008, Visio 2007, some other goodies. Both sites the software is free, although there is a postage charge for physical media. The student software has far more restrictive licenses - typically you are allowed to continue using the software after you leave university but are no longer allowed to reinstall or transfer it. It also breaks the EULA to use the software for business / profit.

As well as this, students in general qualify for cheaper prices on MS software (and a lot of other companies, too). I don't know how restrictive those licenses are, but my Office 2007 Ultimate (£40, thank yeeeew) has transferred and reinstalled without any problems.