1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apple Ipod Touch Second Gen?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by vegettoxp, 1 Aug 2009.

1. vegettoxp

vegettoxp What's a Dremel?

Hello there Guys, long time no talk. I have been beating my head with this decision for a long time. Just to let you know right from the back, I am a PC Guy only. I have never bought any Apple Product. Nothing against the Company, they are cool. I just never had any interest. But ever since the touch has been out, I always wanted to buy me one. But every time I get ready to buy, THE PC GODS always Punished me HARD and I don't get my itouch.

I am pretty sure that there are alot of you, who are just like me, PC Only, but you own the iTouch. I wanted to ask you guys your thoughts on my decision. Please help me out guys. iTouch is the only that I will ever by from Apple. Will I Angry the PC GODS?

So here is the question - Should I Buy the Apple iTouch Second Gen for myself?

P.S. Fusion (Thank you for your comments):rock::thumb::rock::jawdrop:

2. llamafur

llamafur WaterCooled fool

get it. the touch screen is pretty sweet. the wifi internet is also useful when your board and don't have access to a pc.

3. NeedlesKane

NeedlesKane You're a Dremel

if your going to splash out, i strongly suggest gettting an iphone, whether it is a 2g,3g or 3gs.
    i know its more money but it really is worth it.
    if you dont want to spend the extra i would still suggest getting the itouch, its a purchase you wouldnt regret :)

4. Fredrics

Fredrics Hmm...

Wait, they will be bringing out the 3rd gen in september and it should have a camera on it.

However if you decide the wait is not worth it then I must recommend one. I use to have one but loved it so much i got myself an iPhone.

5. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

buy it, iTunes isn't the best on PC, but it works and won't mess up your library.

IMHO either get a iPhone 2G second hand for very cheap or a 3GS for the speed. i never understood the need for ipod touch.

6. Digitalize-

Digitalize- What's a Dremel?

Just wait for September, the 3rd Gen is supposed to be a good update.

7. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

3rd gen will probably add the CPU and graphics chip that the iPhone 3GS has, so get a cheapo MP3 till then? If you aren't interested in games much (this thing can replace a DS or PSP easily) then get an iPod Touch now, but if you can stand to wait, then wait till Sept.

8. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

I had a 1st gen itouch 16gb and I spent around £50 at the apple store, it is with out question one of the best purchases of my life.

The Itouch is amazing.

You can search on the apple itunes site under podcasts and sign up and download interesting shows in areas you like like sports, motor bikes, computers, just such a fantastic web site that works.

I had real issues with Itunes to start with, I thought oh know this is going to be bloat ware, proprietary crap that is going to give me more headaches than its worth but that was a big mistake, if you invest only a small amount of time organizing your music and learning how to do a fw things you will end up having the most beautyfull mp3 player on the planet, its batery life is A1++, you can play movies on it, the software is well thought out and you have the largest sellection of random software from vibration sensors to light scabers.

It's aesthetically pleasing, the screen is responsive.

I am getting another one, in fact I was considering getting one with in the next two weeks budget £200.

I did not know there was a camera update, could this also mean it will be a video camera as well with a 1megpix lens, 3.3 or higher?

I wanted to put my vote in for the itouch since I learnt about the update due in sep here, Ill hold back for now, but yes its really really nice get one, get at least a 16gb model in my opinon, you can re-encode stuff before you ship it on to your mp3 player to save space as well so you could get even more than you can even stomac or listen to in 6months.

Were is every one getting the september date for release from?

9. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

If they do add a camera, it would have to be the same as the one on the 3GS I think, Apple likes to keep things contiguous in their product line.

The Sept. release date comes from Apple's once-per-year releases of iPhone and iPod Touch products. New iPhones can be expected pretty much June/July, and all iPod Touches so far have come out in September.

10. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

Aug 10th - Corsair 800d
    Sep - Apple Itouch 3rd gen.
    Oct - Windows 7
    Oct - ATI Dirrect X 11

There should be a thread in hardware stickyed called "the never ending waiting calendar"

11. Digitalize-

Digitalize- What's a Dremel?

Every September iPods are refreshed, so its a sure thing :p

Also, i doubt the Touch 3G will have the 3GS Camera, more likely the 3G Camera (To try and keep a clear line between the 2, other than phone, and the 3GS Camera would not be thin enough to fit in the tiny Touch chassis)