1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IcyBox 4220 NAS - performance issue?

Discussion in 'ICY BOX' started by Cheetah, 8 Aug 2009.

1. Cheetah

Cheetah What's a Dremel?

Hi there,

For some reason when my NAS has sustained periods where it it is reading/writing data it will have performance issues.

An example would be copying a 1GB file to the NAS or watching a film which is stored on the NAS...

When watching a film you could be fine for about 5 minutes but then it would hang because the NAS isn't feeding the data. I've checked my bandwidth graphs on my router and it is the NAS thats the issue because there are periods where it goes from 10Mbps to 20Kbps and then it will go back to what it should be after about 10 seconds (the orange HDD light is on most of the time during the hang times).

What's going on?

Thanks.

EDIT Info: I have just one SAMSUNG HD103SI drive in there at the moment which is mounted in the second position (bottom of the nas)

Last edited: 8 Aug 2009
  2. Cheetah

Cheetah What's a Dremel?

Just to give you an example of what I mean:

[​IMG]

3. Cheetah

Cheetah What's a Dremel?

*Duplicate post*

4. Nathan@Nanopoint

Nathan@Nanopoint Ctrl Alt Del

Hi Cheetah

1. Are you using 1 drive in total?
    2. What version firmware are you using?

5. Cheetah

Cheetah What's a Dremel?

Sorry for the late reply I am using the latest firmware: IB-NAS4220-2.6.3.2-20090424

I have got one drive in there at the moment, I am trying to install another (so I can raid1) but the NAS won't even boot properly when I put the second drive in and I can't get to the admin section of the NAS and the hard drive activity light is on constantly.

(The pictures above are with one drive in there)

6. Nathan@Nanopoint

Nathan@Nanopoint Ctrl Alt Del

Hi Cheetah

I will send you a private message which includes an email address for our technition who should be able to help.

7. dc2005

dc2005 What's a Dremel?

We're having similar problems i.e. it runs fine when the IO activity is relatively light but once a big file transfer starts it basically hangs up after a couple of minutes of activity. Simetimes it will start working again after a few minutes and sometimes it needs a reboot. It's got two x 1TB Samsung drives configured as Raid1.

Is there anything that can be done? Any help would be much appreciated.