1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Refurbished Laptops

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Gundam-X, 29 Aug 2009.

1. Gundam-X

Gundam-X Who is Dremel?

Hello, can everybody tell me there experiences on buying refurbished laptops, the sellers, the prices and the quality when you recieve them

Thanks

Note: I know every company who deos a refurbed laptop is different

2. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

They're not in 100% awesome quality, and it really depends.

If you buy an expensive one though, refurbs are nice, unless they don't offer that 90 day warranty.

3. Gundam-X

Gundam-X Who is Dremel?

Would you class £900 as expensive?

4. MaverickWill

MaverickWill Dirty CPC Mackem

Staples sell some rather nice second-hand/refurb laptops. Check your local shop. Most don't come with warranty, but some are sold there due to a BIOS password (ie pull the CMOS battery out and wait 5 minutes, and it's 100% working). Me and the missus picked up 2 rather tasty Fujitsu-Siemens notebooks for £245 (talked the guy down from £325 for the 2), because they were BIOS-locked. Believe it or not, near-new, complete with Vista, and cheaper than their worst netbooks. Much fun to be had.

Btw, only got 1 charger between the 2, but the missus already had a universal laptop charger (for Fujitsu, it's the same charger as Toshiba). Give them a check. If all you need it for is working on the move, they'll do the job.