1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Top Gear cracks me up

Discussion in 'General' started by jhanlon303, 22 Sep 2009.

1. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Minimodder

nor do I its was just the reason I heard about the new season.

2. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

I love it also, however, i heard this crazy rumour that it may be axed. I do hope not though

Sam

3. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

It won't be axed by anyone but Clarkson and the other owners of the TG brand while it's still popular - at the minute it's far too popular to be killed off by the Beeb.

There were a lot of rumours flying around after that last piece at the end of the series, mostly sped along simply by the feel of it (and probably that the music was Brian Eno's "An Ending").

Personally I thought it was a load of claptrap, quickly proved by the confirmation that there's another series coming.

4. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

5. knuck

knuck Hate your face

Top Gear is awesome but I hate the middle part of the show when they have guests we have never heard about on this side of the atlantic :). Actually the only artists I've ever recognized (I didn't get to see that many full episodes) was Sienna Miller

6. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Thats what i thought krikkit, cheers for the link oasked, and looking at it, Top Gear in HD, w0000t

Sam

7. UncertainGod

UncertainGod Minimodder

So your issue with the show is that a British show aimed at a British audience isn't targeting Yanks and fake-Europeans?

8. knuck

knuck Hate your face

yes :)

am I blaming them for this ? Of course not ! But it doesn't mean this part of the show is entertaining for me :)

9. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

*GLEE* :D

10. Ice Tea

Ice Tea Minimodder

Top Gear - Jeremy drives the smallest car in the world at the BBC

:)

11. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

The HD recording has me in much puzzlement, its usually broadcasted on BBC2 sunday night, dose this mean at the same time it will be broadcasted on BBC HD channel.

I only have a standard def tv for the news and TG, now its in hi-def looks like iplayer will be used.

12. Red 5

Red 5 What's a Dremel?

Fixed.

13. notatoad

notatoad pretty fing wonderful

afaik nobody was ever talking about actually cancelling the show. there was an interview with hammond a while back where he talked about how they'd end it when it does have to end, but that won't be happening anytime soon.

14. cpu121

cpu121 What's a Dremel?

Depends whether the programme on BBC1 is in HD and considered to be more important. If so, TG won't be simulcast on BBC HD at the same time as the BBC2 broadcast - either slightly later or even another night altogether.

However, TG is one of the BBC's most popular programmes and there has been high demand for it be in HD so I can't see the BBC doing anything other broadcasting it at the same time unless they do something stupid like put Strictly Come Dancing on against TG.

15. niallm1

niallm1 What's a Dremel?

You gotta watch the polar special! Anyways, even if it's not in HD I watch the SD off my PC and, with ATI's Avivo Codecs it's basically upscaled to HD quality anwyays...

16. mclintox

mclintox Eat cheese!

Some of the older stuff showing on Dave is funny.The one when Paul McKenna was the guest and had Hammond hypnotised.Also when May and Hamster were playing car darts and added a caravan to the target.Two particular lines make me larf:
    May:"A coming together of Volvo and caravan,but not in the way you would expect"
    Hammond:"I win but it doesn't matter,everbody wins cause the caravan bought it!"