1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Old Republic starts open testing

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 30 Sep 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. l3v1ck

l3v1ck Fueling the world, one oil well at a time.

If it's a good as the other Old Republic RPG's I might well play it. Until now MMO's have held little interest to me.

3. Mentai

Mentai What's a Dremel?

The fact that each class has an individual storyline and all dialogue is fully voiced is enough to convince me that it's closer to KOTOR than WoW, and I want it badly. Not too happy with the art direction though.

4. Horizon

Horizon Dremel Worthy

Doesn't work, infinite loop

Terms & Conditions -> Personal Information -> back to T&C and so forth

5. ano

ano 8-bit Bandit

It's just the MMO bit that confuses me, if you're running quests on your own or in a small party that isn't very massive. Still interested though. It just feels like they like the economic model of creating a game then releasing it to subscribers then using the funds to generate more content when they feel like it, rather than an online universe where the game is almost an emergent property of the sandbox the devs give you, like EVE.

6. deltaworld

deltaworld What's a Dremel?

Doesn't work, infinite loop

Terms & Conditions -> Personal Information -> back to T&C and so forth

Same here.. Infinite loop. I can't sign up.. grrr. so annoying

7. klutch4891

klutch4891 What's a Dremel?

Finally! I've had an account on their website for months just waiting for this! As for the loop, I got a loop a few times, but once I tried a couple of times it went through.

T&C-> Personal Information-> T&C->T Personal Info.->System Scan. And after I did that twice it went through.

8. deltaworld

deltaworld What's a Dremel?

I have managed to fix this infinite loop.

1. Login from IE 8 and fill in all the details Step 1: Sign up to T&C, Step 2: Fill In Details
    Then in Step 3 Install addon from Huang San for the scan. This then brought me back to the beginning.
    I repeated the process 1-2 then came to 3 and clicked on Start Scan. It brought up a popup AJAX iframe but there was no button to submit.

I then logged out.

2. Login in Firefox 3.5, login then go to My Account-> Basic Info
    At the bottom you should see
    Yes, I would like to be considered for testing.
    System Specification: Incomplete
    Contact Info Complete

Click on System Specification Incomplete to perform the scan. Accept the install addon and run the scan
    you may need to do this a couple of times till you get the ajax iframe popup but this time you should see submit button. I hope this helps.

9. bowman

bowman Minimodder

Meh. I was excited about the announcement but from the preview videos so far it looks like WoW with lightsabers, complete with unengaging, boring combat (the lightsaber animations even suck - when a lightsaber goes through something it tends to burn through it, not annoy the creature).

Coupled with paying a sub fee for this WoW clone (with voice actors, sure, they have that, it's still a WoW clone) I say they can keep it.

10. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

@ wowman above:
    So WOW has so much better animations? When i vertically insert a battleaxe into your skull, i think it'll look quite different from "1402" in blue letters floating over your head. :hehe:

Anyway, i'm inclined to go and give this a whirl, an Old Republic MMO by Bioware almost matches the cheesecake factor of coop zombie-shooting by Valve.

11. bowman

bowman Minimodder

That was my point when I said it was a WoWalike..

Tags: Add Tags