1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics GeForce 4 Ti4200 problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Hitman, 11 Dec 2002.

1. Hitman

Hitman Minimodder

I have a Gainward Geforce 4 Ti4200 Ultra/650 64mb graphics card, and its been working fine. But lately I have been getting a really annoying problem.

At least once every day, the graphics seem to become all corrupted, with multicoloured lines all over the screen, running vertically from top to bottom, freezing the computer and making it restart. On a coplue of occasions I have got small multicoloured squares all over the screen, but it doesn't freeze straight away when this happens, it freezes about 30 seconds later, and then restarts.

The thing that was worrying me, was that when I get the corrupted lines, and the computer restarts, it doesn't go away. I still have the corrupted lines until I hit the power button and switch it off. When I switch it back on again, they have gone.

I only got this card about 5 months ago.

2. Adam

Adam Minimodder

Not overclocked is it?

3. Fatboy

Fatboy Bored

my mate had this problem when he cooked his voodoo3 and it never worked properly again, also it amy be the ram running at too high speed.

4. 1398342003

1398342003 Ubermodder

I had a Graphics Card that did this. It will probably get worse untill it dies. Try it in another machine, if it is still bad return it.

I had real bad cooling on my card.

5. George

George Bah

no, im afraid your all wrong.

its a known bug with the majority of Gainward TI4200's. where ever you got it they should quite happily RMA it for you, but i would just get my money back and buy a different TI4200 as ive seen people have this on their replaced card.

thanks,

.icecube

6. Hamish

Hamish What's a Dremel?

mostly the 64mb ones actually, very few probs with the 128mb ones :)

7. Hitman

Hitman Minimodder

So its a hardware problem only then?

I am currently downloading some new drivers for it, which I was hoping would fix the problem.

I haven't overclocked it at all, it's still set to the "Safe Mode Settings".

What would be a good GeForce 4 Ti4200 replacement for it from another manufacturer?

I paid £149.99 for this card from The Overclocking Store, so if I get my money back I could get another one of around the same price.

8. Hamish

Hamish What's a Dremel?

albatron turbo :)

9. Hitman

Hitman Minimodder

10. SilverBullet

SilverBullet Banned

11. Hitman

Hitman Minimodder

I just installed the new drivers I downloaded, they didn't fix the problem.

Looks like I'll be sending it back.

Now to decide which replacement to get :D

The Albatron Ti 4200P TURBO is looking a definate contender at the moment with two votes.

12. Coolrunnin

Coolrunnin What's a Dremel?

I'm currently troubleshooting a rig with a Ti4200 TURBO in it.

Very very nicely put together card with a cool heatsink, needs lapping tho as its got quite a rough base. Otherwise the card looks awesome and has reasonably good clocking potential (my MSI Ti4400 easily outclocks its memory despite it having 3.6ns ram as opposed to the TURBOS 3.3ns)

The customer's currently getting sparklies in some directx8 based stuff at stock speeds but I'm sure its a driver problem (41.09WHQL) rather than a wrecked card :)

Tags: