1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Kindle DX rejected by universities

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 12 Nov 2009.

1. cyrilthefish

cyrilthefish What's a Dremel?

The Authors' Guild of America has been acting of late as the rough equivalent of the RIAA.

...eg: corporate interests only.

Very depressing really, the past year has seen the Kindle brand crushed to it's current level of roughly being equal to the worst pro-DRM arguments ever made.

I think ebooks will be the way forward, but Amazon's kindle represents everything that could possibly go wrong with such a service in one easy package.

It's just amazing, Sony is the sole voice of reason in this one area, and usually i'd consider Sony as being the 'evil corporation' by default, this is the one and only exception to the rule for some strange reason...

Sony: i find it harder and harder to resist your ebook readers due to your unusual/unexpected 3rd-party support. keep it up and resist corporate interests and i will gladly buy and recommend your products for years to come...

Last edited: 14 Nov 2009
  2. Surnia

Surnia What's a Dremel?

I agree with this, why are school systems rejecting a method of essentially reducing cost and bulk of material because it lacks a text-to-speech function? its like saying every textbook purchase made in their bookstores should come with an audio component... If anything it seems more like an additional benefit of the device rather than an essential feature.

3. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Your average book doesn't cost 200$ either, does it?

4. RichardNester

RichardNester What's a Dremel?

5. MSHunter

MSHunter Minimodder

This high $300 book most probably refers to UNI booksie text books for your courses. I have paid over $150 for 1 Business text book before. It is extremely expensive to buy your UNI books, but it can be necessary.

Tags: Add Tags