1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV Shows Any good shows?

Discussion in 'General' started by Tibby, 18 Nov 2009.

1. Tibby

Tibby Back Once Again

Hey guys,

Me and the girlfriend have just about caught up on all of Entourage now (I've seen it a few too many times, but she hadn't so started over). And we've done Californication. I'm just wondering if anyone can reccomend any light hearted shows, that have a bit of a storyline, but are also easy watching like Entourage and Californication?

Preferably something with a few seasons, so we can watch it over a long period.

We're thinking House, but I've seen 3 seasons. And although excellent, wouldn't mind something new!

You're thoughts guys? :)

2. UncertainGod

UncertainGod Minimodder

Lie To Me is like house but assumes a slightly more attentive viewer as they love dropping the hints, it also stars Tim Roth which is a nice plus, season 2 is airing now in the states.

3. SeT

SeT What's a Dremel?

Dead Like Me had a couple good seasons if you haven't seen it. I think another network tried to pick it up and start again but I haven't watched the newer stuff. It wouldn't be the same without what shotime could get away with and the original actors anyway.

4. Tibby

Tibby Back Once Again

Lie to Me is indeed excellent, but is only on it's second season!

I was thinking of Dead Like Me. I have seen them all, but it's such a great show!

5. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

I just started watching Special Unit 2 and Haunted on zone horror. SU2 is a fun (if slightly cheesy) show.
    Then there's the BBC's Hustle if you haven't watched them all already.

6. Mr Flibbles

Mr Flibbles I'm not part of the solution....

I agree, Lie to me is great. Tim Roth is wicked in this role.

Have started watching Doll's House - Josh Weddon creation (not too sure about this but has Alan Tyduk( excuse the spelling) in the second series.

Warehouse 13 - a sort of "X-files" kinda show, more humour than serious.

I have started watching old series (just finished Mellinium and realised how epic that was), 6 ft Under, Dexter, Stargate SG-1 (10 seasons), Supernatural, only 4 seasons so you could finish that pretty quick.

Also started watching Flashforward, but not too sure if this will make a second series

7. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

Also in the first... :)

Try Alias - that's good for a laugh. JJ Abrams spy show with Jenifer Garner. All 5 seasons on DVD

Home grown spy stuff - Spooks is always good. Several seasons available on DVD

Supernatural is good cheesy fun (4 seaons, 5th coming up) as is Chuck (2 seasons, 3rd coming up)

Medium is quite good as well - multiple seasons of this out, and current season on Living at the moment.

Being Human Season 1 is out on DVD as well - short season, but oh so good.

True Blood - Being shown on C4 at the mo, but the first season is out already as it was shown on FX earlier in the year.

Guilty pleasure at the moment? Modern Family on Sky 1. Laugh out loud funny, with some fab subtle comedic touches.

8. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

How I Met Your Mother.

Need I say more?

9. Mr Flibbles

I see "how I met your mother" and raise you 24 :rock:

10. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

24 hasn't been any good since season 6.

11. Mr Flibbles

still 6 seasons of pure unadultrated action.

12. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

Has noone mentioned the awesome new Prisoner?? Staring Gandalf and Jesus?

South Park has started again and is being brilliant as usual, but my main pick would be Metalocalypse

13. SeT

SeT What's a Dremel?

I watched the premier of Prisoner. Very strange but it was interesting. He was looking for fairly long-running series to catch up on though so that one didn't cross my mind.

The only other thing I can think of that hasn't been mentioned is anime series. I finally got my wife to watch some and she loves it. As far as which series though, Death Note is great.

14. Lorquis

Lorquis lorquisSpamCount++;

V is actually turning out to be rather good, half liking FlashForward but it seems a bit poorly acted..

Season 9 of scrubs is coming out in like 12 days so that should be alright, despite the whole saved by the bell aire i'm currently getting from the new format...

15. Mr Flibbles

Scrubs........I totally forgot about that. nice one Lorquis.

16. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

correction season 3, 4 onwards has been a bit...well...crap. :(

17. Mr Flibbles

Dont forget family guy. American Dad

18. theazz

theazz What's a Dremel?

personally i love Chuck, Supernatural and Burn Notice for this kind of thing
    also things like how i met your mother, family guy, american dad, 30 rock, firday night lights, the big bang theory, and house is ace.