1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Time for a haircut. Advice?

Discussion in 'General' started by Red 5, 24 Nov 2009.

1. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Multimodder

When you made this thread did you think you would get many sensible answers?

I go for a shaved head (no guard on the clippers and it pulled right back) usually lasts me about 3 weeks before it looks like a white man's afro (read meatball).

For you though may I suggest a vanilla ice chop?

2. Mr Flibbles

Mr Flibbles I'm not part of the solution....

get a number one all over, then razor shave your head. then wax it! :D

3. PQuiff

PQuiff What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]

One...two...three...Haircuts..AH ha ha haa...

4. bigkingfun

bigkingfun Tinkering addict

A year before going to USA I grew a mullet and a goatee. Strangely a lot of people "over "there" thought I was german.

5. Cabe6403

Cabe6403 Supreme Commander

Just remember if your hair is really quite long and you cut it medium length-ish(i.e. above the shoulders) or there abouts it'll likely curl in due to the weight that's suddenly gone.

Personally I like medium length heir with some kind of alternate style.

I've had my hair dyed all manor of colours but my favorite is red/purple.
    My hair was similar to this for a while and I'm thinking about doing it again.

Only thing is because my hair is naturally quite dark it has to get bleached a hell of a lot to get it light enough to dye like that. Once it's faded I basically have to dye it my natural colour for a while until all the length has grown back out and start again on strong hair.

Last edited: 25 Nov 2009
  6. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

Rick Astley cut

7. Red 5

Red 5 What's a Dremel?

Thanks for the responses, some helpful, some not so but all taken as intended. Keep them coming and if anyone can name cuts that have them, or descriptions/instructions which will deliver certain results and what they look like, it would be handy to know (The_Beast's post is a good example). I'm rubbish at judging measurements, so have no idea what one inch or two etcetera. will look like.

There are too many people to respond to, so I'll restrict myself to a few which stand out.

I have seen my future. An internet friend once said I remind him of Pegg, but in terms of my personality and humour (not available on bit-tech), not my looks. I can now see a resemblance too.

[​IMG]
    Enough said. Thanks to Silver51.

Already considered and intended, but trying to find the relevant information on the Cancer Research website wasn't easy when I looked. They only mention one specific hairdresser for the whole nation. I'll likely cut the ponytail off myself before visiting the barber to be sure it's kept.

As said above, keep the suggestions coming. :thumb:

Last edited: 25 Nov 2009
  8. Scorpsel

Scorpsel Imaginary Time

Nico Rosberg: nononono no NO! That hairstyle just looks creepy on most men. Including him. Don't go there. Ew.

The Mabius haircut looks much better, and would actually flatter the kind of hairline you have. I say keep it about that length too. You might have to put a bit of wax in to keep it looking good, but really, that takes no more than 3 seconds. Bring that picture to a hairstylist and ask for that, much easier than trying to explain 'yeah so shorter on the sides, bit longer on top.. '. Also ask him/her to show you how to put in product. (but don't buy the $$$ hair salon wax that smells like strawberries that they will invariably try to push on you. It's exactly the same as any damn hairwax)

If you manage to cultivate some nice sideburns with that, it could look quite good.

Also: pics!

9. pennyman86

pennyman86 What's a Dremel?

I just buzzed mine for the first time ever.. had a ceaser for a long time

10. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

Can't believe no one suggested a Lionel Blair cut like mine...

Red 5 likes this.
  11. Red 5

Red 5 What's a Dremel?

I knew I knew that phrase but couldn't think where from. Thank you YouTube. :hehe:

12. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

13. eek

eek CAMRA ***.

Looks like it's time to move out :p ;)

I have no hair, it's rubbish... far too cold this time of year and the feeling of raindrops takes a little getting used to!

I'm a short hair fan personally, if anything just because it's much easier to look after. I like the Simon Pegg look :worried:

14. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

15. quietguy

quietguy D'orc

I wouldn't get a haircut if I were you. I'd get them all cut.

/I hear the group rate is cheaper.