1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Planning painting a reservoir...

Discussion in 'Modding' started by maRiio, 26 Nov 2009.

1. maRiio

maRiio What's a Dremel?

Hi guys...

Gotta little question for you.
    Imagine a reservoir for water cooling which consists of a plexi tube and circular baseplates for top and bottom.
    The reservoir will be mounted vertically with five screws in the bottom. So if you look into the reservoir you can see the threads of the screws which, like I mentioned, in the baseplate.
    Is it possible to paint the baseplate black on the inside to make sure no one can see those threads?
    I'm afraid the paintjob will split up and contaminate the water...
    Should I go for it?

Mario

2. cogitoergosum

cogitoergosum What's a Dremel?

It might work if you can find a paint designed for plexi that is waterproof (submersion proof).

You might also be able to find some form of decal or vinyl you could apply to the inside.

3. lifer

lifer Water on the pcb

Why not make the baseplate out of black plexi? No paint would be needed and you wouldnt see any screws.

Last edited: 28 Nov 2009
  4. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

How about black GE Silicone II? We use it inside paludariums and vivariums. It shouldn't affect the H2O coolant.

5. Validus

Validus What's a Dremel?

Black plexi / acrylic would work I imagine. If you wanted to paint it while still trying to maintain a non corrosive paint, you could use some sort of epoxy or resin. I bet you could find one that would work as well. Er, what John said would probably be better.