1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Microsoft Equation Editor Problems

Discussion in 'Software' started by bumfluff, 28 Nov 2009.

1. bumfluff

bumfluff What's a Dremel?

I am using Microsoft Office 2007 and am having problems reading the equations my lecturers put into my coursework, all I can see are numbers and strange characters rather than operators or symbols. I spoke to one and they said I needed to make sure I was using the latest version of equation editor. As far as I am aware I am running all the latest updates to office but I just cannot see the equations and nothing comes up in a search for equation editor updates. The notes work fine on my flatmates laptop. Any thoughts and advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. bumfluff

bumfluff What's a Dremel?

It seems to work when I use open office but thats not a particularly satisfactory solution. I am also sure that I have equation editor installed as I am able to put my own equations into documents I just can't see them in my notes. I am using Win XP by the way. If anybody can help me it would be great, I am getting a bit desperate.

Cheers...