1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards Gigabyte GA-M52L-S3 - Broken sensor???

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by SSN774, 15 Dec 2009.

1. SSN774

SSN774 What's a Dremel?

Hi there,

yesterday I visited my friend, because he`s complaining about high temperatures of his rig.

He`s rig is:

- Gigabyte GA-M52L-S3,
    - AMD x2 6000 (tested with stock fan and Arctic Cooling Freezer, I don`t remember which one it was)
    - 2 Gb DDR2

So i`ve checked temperatures, in idle CPU was about 32 deg, NB 42 :jawdrop: After this i`ve turn Prime95. Temperatures kicks up to 50 deg for CPU, NB hit 65 and was growing. Northbridge heatsink, was hot, i`ve burnt myself. CPU htsnk was fine.
    I think mobo is broken someway. I don`t think, that temperature sensor is broken, ok, in old mobo they usually show higher temp than it really was, but that high?

What you think??

Only way is to send it to RMA ?

------------------------------------

Sorry for my english :duh:

2. GIGA-Man

GIGA-Man GIGABYTE UK

Is his system stable? Or does it crash?

To verify the temperatures use Easy Tune 6 under windows or just look at hardware monitoring in BIOS setup.

You can also upgrade BIOS as sometimes new bios has more accurate readings.

Under 80 for NB should be OK.

3. SSN774

SSN774 What's a Dremel?

To check the temperature i've used everest. When i was there system was stable, but before it shut down every time when he was doing some thing. BIOS is up to date, so nothing changed.

Last edited: 16 Dec 2009