1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playstation 2 Mod Chip

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Ariser, 15 Dec 2002.

1. Ariser

Ariser What's a Dremel?

Can anyone point me to a reliable fitting servie in the West London or even London Area ?

I aint even gonna attempt to fit a mod chip myself lol

Cheers

2. Nedsbeds

Nedsbeds Badger, Slime, Weasel!!

are you sure its legal?
    if it aint then could you not talk about it. theres been a lot of people not too happy about warez and pirating and stuff like that recently

3. The Savior

The Savior What's a Dremel?

Of course it's legal. The only illegal thing would be the actual bootlegging of games and/or distributing said games. If he only wants to play imports, there's nothing wrong with a mod-chip.

4. RTT

RTT #parp

Although this thread aint illegal now, please dont let it get that far. Cheers

:)

5. Ariser

Ariser What's a Dremel?

SO any reccomendations for a London based supply and fit service :)

Thanks

6. lcdman16

lcdman16 What's a Dremel?

why dont you just buy the one that just plugs in the back of the unit... in the usb port, no wires or anything, its as easy as plugging in your mouse... much better idea! go to google and type in ps2 usb mod chip u.k.

7. geek1017

geek1017 What's a Dremel?

Cause the USB ones still make you use a boot disk and switch method.

A properly installed mod chip should allow your Ps2 to basicaly ignore the region setting of any psone or 2 game.
    I don't think they are any help with DVD regions though.

8. l33t_c0mput6r_m0dz

l33t_c0mput6r_m0dz What's a Dremel?

Actually, playing imports on any other machine besides the intended country's machine (i.e. modded machine) IS illegal since you are violating/bypassing the region codes. In fact, it is illegal to even play a foreign game outside of its country whether its on the respectable machine or not.

Just because a store sells imports, does not make it illegal. The act of using these devices outside the intended country is.

/me ducks for cover and hides behind my japanese ps2

9. The Savior

The Savior What's a Dremel?

I was under the impression that doing that wasn't illegal, but I could be wrong.

10. Bursar

Bursar What's a Dremel?

l33t is right. There was a fairly big thing about this recently, and playing a game intended for a foreign PS2 on a modded UK one, or even playing it on the correct PS2 but in a different country is against the licensing terms apparently.

I don't have a PS2, but if the games come with license agreements it might be worth having a look through them to see exactly what they say.