1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Computer wont start

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by giganten, 20 Dec 2009.

1. giganten

giganten Artist

Hi.
    My computer wont start today.
    I didn't get any picture on my screen just lots of short beeps from the computer.

Motherboard: MSI K9A2GM-FIH-S

I did get it to start but then my keyboard wont work, so I did try to restart it and that only gave my the short beeps again.

I did unplug my keyboard and now the computer will boot again but whit a big red text
    "Warning !!! The previous overclocking had failed, and system will restore its default setting. press any key to continue"

And that is easy when my keyboard don't work :p
    I haven't done any OC on this computer so what can cause this?

2. kristianlee

kristianlee What's a Dremel?

Sound like it might be the Bios battery; the message about the overclocking would seem to suggest that it had forgotten its settings.

The beeps you hear will be able to confirm what's going on; they're arranged in a code (which differs according to the motherboard).

The motherboard manual would be a good place to start for them: http://eu.msi.com/index.php?func=downloadfile&dno=6457&type=manual

3. giganten

giganten Artist

Yeah I know that the beeps try to say me something.
    But I couldn't find anything about the beeps in the manual, will take another look again.

4. giganten

giganten Artist

It looks like it could be the bios battery. I did take it out and put it in again and now everything works. Should I go out and get me a new and replace this one or wait and see if it will happen again?

5. kristianlee

kristianlee What's a Dremel?

I would get a new one ordered; sod's law says it'll go again when you most need the computer to be working!