1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Remote access software recomendations

Discussion in 'Software' started by Denis_iii, 8 May 2008.

1. Denis_iii

Denis_iii What's a Dremel?

Hi all

Current remote acess setup at work is driving me insane so looking to find a better solution.

Currently we use RDP mstsc.exe to access server which is fine. Any recomendations on a RDP connection manager so can make a list of all servers and details thereof? Currently support over a 100 servers so this will be a godsend. Especially if able to get the manager to pull connection data from a list file so can have ONE list file on network so all users have the same list and only needs to be updated once at one location.

For access to client PC's we are using MRC client and Radmin. Mrc is mostly useless as so slow, have to move the mouse and wait 10secodns when it gets to the button etc you want to click then basically click and hope but its great in the sense that is doesnt get blocked all the time. Which is the problem with Radmin which cant access PC when firewall is on and other times antivurs kill the radmin server on client pc so cant access it.

This is really driving me up the wall as a simple 5min fix will turn into hours of frustration tryin to hack the PC remotely playing around with services and registry settings.

.....any recomendations much appreciated

2. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

RoyalTS (http://code4ward.net/CS2/Default.aspx) will help you with your RDP sessions, not sure about a central list as I don't have any use for such a function.

DameWare Mini Remote Control (http://www.dameware.com/products/dmrc/) is excellent for controling clients. It can be deployed remotely so you don't even have to have it installed before you can use it. So long as you have admin privilidges on the remote box (or domain admin) there is nothing you can't do with it.

3. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Another vote for Dameware.

4. Denis_iii

Denis_iii What's a Dremel?

thanks alot, will try them out on monday

5. Hazardous

Hazardous What's a Dremel?

Radmin Server 3 :idea:

6. ultraelf

ultraelf What's a Dremel?

Try it Remote Office Manager