Windows Happy Birthday Unreal Tournament =D

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by October, 31 Dec 2009.

1. October

October Mariachi Style

Was having a bit of a trawl through IGN there and I just noticed their review for UT99 was posted on December 6th, making the game an incredible make-me-feel-old-now-dammit ten years old!

Just the other night I'd finished setting up my new Win7 machine and I wanted something to play on it. Initially I wanted something to properly show off my new hardware but after a while debating, I decided UT was one of the most fun games I own and spent a good hour on Deck16 :lol:

I hope to reinstate a regular UT session in my house once we all get back up from the holidays :D

Bit-Techers still playing UT get...?

Edit: Clearly I should have researched this more deeply before posting...anywho, happy belated birthday from Nov 30 UT!

2. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

sorry but UT hit UK retailers on November 17th, I know this because I fell mysteriously ill that morning ;)

3. October

October Mariachi Style

Damn you wikipedia!

4. earlydoors

earlydoors Minimodder

UT was the first game I ever played online. I didn't play it for too long (maybe a period of 3 months or so), but i can remember having some pretty intense sessions

Cant remember any map names or specifics, but one round in particular stands out:

CTF, set on a map with castles connected by bridges, low gravity and one-shot-one-kill shock rifles...remember racking up a 100+ points (which was good to me then...still feels good ;-P ) and helping my team win.

The only downside was I could only brag about it for like 10 seconds before the map changed!

Great days. Great game, thanks for the trip down memory lane.

5. Been

Been What's a Dremel?

Yeah I'm still playing UT, although I tend to play UT2k4 now with my friends when I play but I do still go on UT sometimes.

6. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

UT is still one of the games i have the fondest memories of... modded the crap outta it... good fun

7. Dannythemusicman

Dannythemusicman What's a Dremel?

UT is one of my most played games ever - so much so me and my brother learnt the editor and put out a few maps.

My all time favourites were Deck16, using the instagib mod and modding my game so the decals didn't go away. After that it would be the sniping action in CTF-FacingWorlds (discussed above).

Even the demo version that came out with just 3 maps lasted me a good 20 hours of gaming which for a demo is pretty good going.

8. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

Played the original then moved on to playing UT2k3/4 clanned on CB. Mostly iCTF and iTDM. Many fun tournaments at the i-series lans (i15!!!!).

I miss the glory days. I curse Epic to death for dropping the killing blow that was UT3.