1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Networks Mouse/Music keeps Pausing/Stuttering

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Rum&Coke, 30 Jan 2010.

1. Rum&Coke

Rum&Coke What's a Dremel?

I recently just got a new laptop; MSI cx700, vista, 4GB, 2GHz, Radeon 4330. Plenty to run fine right? Wrong! EXCEPT this issue (pausing/stuttering; basically the HDD being pushed to the max) seems to only happen when I'm connected to the internet, particularly using the embedded adaptor (RALINK t1r1 802.11 b/g/n). Anyone had this issue or similar before? Tips?

2. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

maybe antivirus causing it.. sounds like software

that laptop has a t4200 in it.. should be fine up to a point- put something like everest on it or check task manager and check how much cpu is being used.. it's probably @ 100% when you get the stuttering.. find the app/apps/service doing it

3. Rum&Coke

The CPU occasionally maxes out however its not really going to 100%, it'll hover around 5 then shoot up to like 50%. The Disk access is what goes from 10%-100% just out of phase with the cpu surge so I'm under the assumption its somewhere in that area, however I just cant figure out what internet use would strain HDD access. The surge isn't associated with any apps/services, nothings over 40k charge.

Edit: Only just put avast on it, was happening prior to that.

4. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

turn off indexing if your thrashing alot.. you have plenty of memory so no problems there.. make sure the os is updated.. on the cpu spike does it show what app/service is using most of it?

the disk i/o shouldn't cause stuttering unless the drive is faulty- and you'd usually get a bsod on occasion along with the stuttering.. remove any usb devices and try.. I suspect it's a badly written app you have installed, lemme see if there's a set of drivers for that laptop

http://www.msi.com/index.php?func=proddesc&maincat_no=135&prod_no=1848

Rum&Coke likes this.
  5. Rum&Coke

Indexing off seems to have improved the thing, touch wood. RAM use is bumped up to 40% and the disk usage frequency is increased a bit, but its not raping the **** out of the bandwidth everytime it accesses it/kinda constantly access at 15%. i doubt its an app, like I said I got the thing through to on Saturday, boot/formated from OEM partition on the day and started moving things across. If the things good for the week I'll assume problem solved; cheers!