1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other CompTia A+ Essentials

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Kopite_21, 10 Feb 2010.

1. Kopite_21

Kopite_21 Kopite_21

Hi,

I am planning to study for my CompTia A+ Essentials exam in a few months. I am doing it as a home study course, has anyone done this course before and how did you feel when studying towards it. Did you find it easy & hard, how long did it take you to pass?

Any feedback would be appreciated and if possible what training materials would be appropriate!

Kind Regards. :confused:

2. opal

opal Eh?

I did my A+ a couple of years ago but I was with a training provider doing an MSCE course, all my studying was self study.

The exam isn't very difficult, it's a general introduction to hardware/software. If you want to PM me I still have the reading material etc that I can send to you if you want it.

3. Wobb3rf3T

Wobb3rf3T What's a Dremel?

Im currently doing the A+ and the N+ and the CCNA course, all from home.
    Ive gotten through the coursework and hoping to do the exam soon, the course work is fairly easy so hoping the exam is the same. havent done exams for a long while, so little anxious about that side of it.
    I think all the training material are give through the web site they use.
    Hope it goes well for you :thumb:

4. Kopite_21

Kopite_21 Kopite_21

Hi Opal,

Is the training material(s) pre 2006?

As i know there is new training materials from 2009.

5. opal

opal Eh?

I was given the material in 2007/2008, I don't know what year it relates to though

6. Denis_iii

Denis_iii What's a Dremel?

who'd you get the course from? I'd like to get the A+ and N+ to brush up on skills and get myself back into studying before going for MCSE

7. Denis_iii

who'd you get the course from? I'd like to get the A+ and N+ to brush up on skills and get myself back into studying before going for MCSE

8. Kernel

Kernel Likes cheese

I'd be interested in who you lot have done your home study courses through and how you rate them. :)

9. Denis_iii

+1

10. opal

opal Eh?

Advent, who recently went bust. Total waste of money as I never used 90% of the services they provide but I've passed all exams I've taken first time. I wont bother going into any more detail as they aren't trading any more!

In my experience all I needed was the resource kits for MS exams and Transcender practice software. Mind you I'm a useless at studying and I learn alot more from doing practice tests and the practical bits than just reading

11. adam_bagpuss

adam_bagpuss Have you tried turning it off/on ?

personally dont go with any IT training places they are a complete rip-off.

i had a guy a years or so back come and try to sell me A+ and the first level MS one for £3500.

i looked up online that if i self study i can sit the exams for around £150 i think so for A+ would only cost me around £300.

ooo also you will NEED the 2009 training materials as they removed a lot of stuff from the 2006-2008 one. they removed old tech from like windows 98 days and replaced it with windows vista and bluetooth and SATA etc.

so the exam question are very different and much more modern now

12. Kopite_21

Kopite_21 Kopite_21