1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL You guys got some AWSOME mods!

Discussion in 'General' started by Executioner, 21 Feb 2010.

1. Executioner

Executioner What's a Dremel? A quick razor

I've been up since 7am reading only worklogs. And I must say I N C R E D I B L E !!!!

The bar for scratch built mods Has evidently been launched out of this world!

Those aluminum cnc builds and the Cray1 just blow me away!:jawdrop:

I'm thinking back to my Diamondplate Toolbox mod I did a few years ago and that was pure crap! compared to what you guys are doing!

I guess I'm gonna be stuck with just doin some kind of extreem cooling mod and forget about asthetics.:sigh:

I got no chance of even comming close to the sheer EXTREEM AWSOMENES!

This site definitly has a much higher class of modders:thumb::thumb:

2. MugenUK

MugenUK What's a Dremel?

I know what you mean I've certainly been put of trying anything myself here seeing as I had trouble cutting a sidepanel window!

3. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

You guys got it all wrong.

We all started someplace. Bit just gives us an edge by having the best forum members around. Got questions? Want help? This is where to get it. Lots of helpful people here and the moderators banhammer the trash!

john

4. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

^ That!

5. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

What John is trying to say is: Welcome to the greatest community on the internet ;) :thumb:

Really though, you've probably only scratched the surface so far. Dig deeper, spend some time in modding and project logs (by some I mean a lot...) and you'll be surprised at how fast you pick things up. You'll see that you don't need big machines or expensive materials to create a great mod, or that the simplest idea can often be the difference in a fantastic build and just another computer some guy or girl (do we have any female modders?) put together themselves.

Most of all though, don't be discouraged. In my honest opinion bit-tech is the holy grail of meeting places for modders all over the world. Chances are if you haven't seen it done here, it hasn't been done yet. The number and quality of mods and scratch builds here should be encouraging for you, rather than putting you off.

6. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

its mainly due it being British, the nation that gave the world the super marine spitfire. We are pretty dam awesome!

7. Sleepstreamer

Sleepstreamer I modded christmas!

You also gave us Rover...

In any case, this really is the best modding community in the world. And, well... You should listen to John :lol:

8. capnPedro

capnPedro Hacker. Maker. Engineer.

There aren't any British computer component manufacturers because we couldn't work out how to make them leak oil.

9. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

You sort of contradicted yourself there. Damn has an "n" on the end :p

LOL :lol: Excellent!

10. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

My parents have a 14 year old Rover which is still passing the MOT every year with flying colours. Occasionally it needs a few pounds worth of work, but so far never more than £50 or so.

Rover may have over priced themselves into extinction, but the cars last.

11. Executioner

Executioner What's a Dremel? A quick razor

I've seen alot of good mods over the years and did a few I thought were pretty good with what I had, one example..I threw together a refrigeration/chiller setup and cooled my desktop pc I had at the time. I got the Cpu down to -10 or -15F running fold at home.
    Ugly contraption but worked great, lost pics of it over the years.