1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Are my 5770 temps safe?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by TheHalfWit, 28 Feb 2010.

1. TheHalfWit

TheHalfWit Call me dino

Using the default clock settings of my HIS 5770, egg shaped cooler design, with 2 DVI, 1 HDMI, 1 display port, I have Delta T temps of 58C using furmark for stress test, my case is the CM storm scout with another case fan added to the door. I am almost certain that yesterday while playing napoleon total war i got artifacts from this thing overheating. I have gotten the artifacts before but then I chalked it down to crappy drivers.

2. Sh0cKeR

Sh0cKeR a=2(s-ut)/t²

GPU's should run fine all the way up to 90c. A good way to test whether your card is overheating in games is to have a temperature monitor running ingame while playing something heavy like Crysis. I don't have an ATI card, but there should be something around that works similar to the Evga precision overclocking tool for Nvidia cards.

3. play_boy_2000

play_boy_2000 ^It was funny when I was 12

For comparison, I have one of the full size coolers and my temps are.

68C load ( peak of single run through 3d mark 06)
    53C idle

room temp 17.5C

my case is exceedingly well ventelated, so I wouldn't worry if your temps are somewhat higher.

4. TheHalfWit

TheHalfWit Call me dino

true, my main concern though is that even though it is in the safe range, that was by 5C, and the delta T was 53C when I tested it in my 932 case. Only reason that I'm concerned is that thats a far cry from the 18-30C Delta T of reviews that i've seen. while a few of those are open bed, the 932 is the next best thing to have.

Just 1 question, how on earth can you stand that cold, I'd die of chills at that temp... but yea I guess I'm making a mountain out of a molehill. It's just my bloody GTX 295 runs with a lower delta T and that sure as heck shoots out more heat then this 5770.

5. Sh0cKeR

Sh0cKeR a=2(s-ut)/t²

Have you checked the Fan speed? If thats running too low the cooling won't be great.