1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Networks Virgin Media ADSL customers given cold shoulder!

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Ravenheart, 2 Mar 2010.

1. Ravenheart

Ravenheart What's a Dremel?

Well me and a few others who've been having problems downloading on Steam with Virgin Media ADSL not Cable! Are now being given the cold shoulder over on the Virgin Media so called Community Forum (as far as I'm concerned now called the CABLE Community Forum!) read on to see why via the links to the VM forum which says there will be NO support on the forum for National (ADSL) customers,

No Tech Staff support for ADSL customers

The service status says for ADSL Customers National Virgin Media Customers Service Status page says that the Service is running slowly, or has intermittent problems

And page 13 of this thread Poor speeds on Virgin National service someone called harrysdad999 has posted this,

"Gentlefolks,

If you are impacted by this ipstream business you will by now know the symptoms.

In the early hours until around 5:00pm your linespeeds will be fine during the week.

When most of you want to use it, linespeeds will drop to about 1/10th of normal and not return until after midnight. And the weekends will be generally dire most of the day and evening.

I have been in correspondence with the office of the CEO for the last 2 weeks.

I will not bore you with the details, but bottom line is VM will issue credits for the next 3 months to all effected users who contact customer services and are identified as a part of this glitch.

Whilst they hope to have things sorted by the end of March, we may be stuck with this for much longer.

I requested that a senior official of VM made a more detailed explanation/apology on this thread.

I also repeated the request for the status page to be used to inform.

I suggested that they should suspend the sale of this service to new customers who would fall into this group of ipstream sufferers.

From the response I am certain that the CEO is fully aware of the situation and will get it sorted.

But when.....???

My advice to you folks would be to liaise with customer support by Email to confirm your charges and then catch up on some TV. DVDs or even see if you can still read a book.... (Do not try catchup TV on Iplayer though).

If you are looking for a quick fix, I think you will have to find a new ISP.

This may not be what you want to hear but I think it is all you will get for now, with or without the BBC involved!"

So obviously not all is good for the world of ADSL Virgin Media customers for the foreseeable future!

Anyone any thoughts on this mess?

2. moorsey

moorsey What's a Dremel?

only that cable is no better.

My missus had cable while she was at Uni, paid for 20mb (against my suggestion that they wouldn't need that speed) and they never got more than 8mb/s.

Salesman was a con artist, mis-sold the service, scared them into getting 20mb/s service as this would work better through their damp walls!!!!!!!!! No joke, that is what he told them. Shocking

3. bradders2125

bradders2125 What's a Dremel?

Doesn't most suppliers do this. It is probably stated in the contract that line speed maybe reduced during peak times. Peak times are 17:00 - 00:00 and weekends.

Brads

4. Raptorkid

Raptorkid What's a Dremel?

Unless you're on BT, in which case peak times are whenever they feel like...