1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News XFX plans gun-themed ATI 5970

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 30 Mar 2010.

1. Nikumba

Nikumba Minimodder

Maybe we will have to buy it from our local airsoft shop :)

2. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

err isnt it like illegal to have anything that looks like a real gun? ie, its gotta have a bright orange cap to show its a toy?

3. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

4. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

i thought it already is?

5. rickysio

rickysio N900 | HJE900

I guess they're just fulfilling their statements?

6. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

Looks good and I bet it will come the same c**p warranty and p**s poor tech support too like all their product do in the UK.

7. Krayzie_B.o.n.e.

Krayzie_B.o.n.e. What's a Dremel?

Actually Fermi is the real Fermi killer, as so far the Cherry picked cards are too hot too electricity hungry and too expensive.

How much is this HD 5970 xfx gun bag edition gonna cost? $1000 I can build a core I7 Pc for that price or buy a car!

Just Lower the Freaking Price already. We don't need a gun bag or a Unicorn edition or a gay pride parade colored graphics card.

What we do need is a LOWER PRICE for crying out loud how dumb are these people.

8. TSR2

TSR2 What's a Dremel?

Stick that in a 32bit system!
    I suppose it will be ridiculously expensive, the memory won't be used much except with Eyefinity will it? Although I guess that's the point of this thing.

9. brave758

brave758 Minimodder

Lol love it

10. Phifty Cal

Phifty Cal What's a Dremel?

Don't get why it's called a Fermi killer as the 5970 is already much faster than Fermi. And I doubt there won't be a dual gpu Fermi card as it's just waaayyyy too hot.

11. Farfalho

Farfalho Minimodder

The packaging is epic, I like it althought it doesn't resemble that much of a P90 and for the card to be found on where the ammo is supposed to be is incorrect because of some factors, the P90 magazine goes on top and is quite thin. The 5970 doesn't have that width nor the extension so it's more accurate to say that the card goes where the shoulder guard is, behind the trigger. Other parts such the rail and the part above the barrel are inaccurate too.

I've heard from that 4GB Black Edition before, it was exhibited at Cnet and looked like the "plain" 2GB Black Edition.

One thing I don't get it, vendors and news are saying that the GTX480 is the fastest gpu in the world, well we've seen the reviews and it isn't plain and simple. The vendors have the excuse to sell their stuff but the other part? Fermi is still a fail.
    BTW, how much do you reckon the card to be? I'm betting values close to Asus MARS

12. Mongoose132

Mongoose132 Duckmad

Tasteful.

13. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

I love the P90, if I ever move any where that allows the purchase of that gun, I am SOOOO getting one. ^_^

anyhow back to the card, these are the cream of the crop of graphics cards and what not but anyhow who cares the theme, I think its neat, either way its a great card.

14. Chombo

Chombo What's a Dremel?

I might as well buy a real P90 for as much as a 5970

15. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Do want.

16. Evildead666

Evildead666 What's a Dremel?

Meh, Nvidia will come back with a Fermi 'Nuclear Warhead Edition' That will spank this ones arse ;)

17. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

Seeing that Nvidia has refused to offer XFX any Fermis at all because they're offering ATI cards, it's probably more of a "F*** you Nvidia" move than anything else.

18. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

Just incase someone is insane or cold enough to strap two 480's together and make a 495.

On a side note Lights have been dodgy tonight and conincidence feremi released over the weekend =p

19. flapjackboy

flapjackboy What's a Dremel?

20. ZERO <ibis>

ZERO <ibis> Minimodder

On a side note if your playing with a wii gun why would you aim it at yourself. I played with toy guns a lot when I was young and never did I aim them at myself...

Tags: Add Tags