1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Bioshock 2, I enjoyed it :), Played it, how did you play?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by GregTheRotter, 19 Apr 2010.

1. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Well I just finished bioshock 2 yesterday. Played it nearly non stop for three days or so. I found the forced change of pace quite refreshing. At times I was caught off guard for what tactic I would employ when the splicers started coming lol.

I didn't harvest any of the little sisters, so I got one of the 'happy endings'. My main plasmids were freeze, electric bolt, hypontise, security thing, decoy, and scout. So I pretty much played the ***** route haha. The decoy makes it so easy. Especially when you get decoy ++ that deflects any damage inflicted to the decoy, back to the attacker.

I'm thinking of playing it through a second time, with the drill plasmid, which deflects any projectiles back to the attacker, and the drill only gene tonic. So you only have plasmids and the drill as your weapons.

Even with just rescuing the little sisters, I still found that with the decoy, and scout plamids, the game became really far too easy. When I was going to let the little sister down to gather adam, I'd set up mini turrets, trap wires, etc. My favourite weapon against the splicers was using the spear gun, and head shot them so that they would fly off and get speared against the wall. Gotta love the sound of that spear gun, ka ching :D I also used the rivet gun, for the most part.

Any thoughts? What was your play style?

2. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

Yep it isn't a bad game.

After the initial "hmm I've played this before" start the story became compelling; good game and well worth a play.

Last edited: 21 Apr 2010
  3. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

nobody? Jeez lol

4. DaveVader

DaveVader Fast Action Response Team

Nope... I don't have time for gaming... too much fapping

5. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

I played it twice its a good game I liked 1 aswell.

6. Sutters

Sutters Silent lurker!

What he said :thumb:

Going to try it again on hard though and see how long it takes me :wallbash:

7. L Plates

L Plates Irritating annoyance

I played it and enjoyed it although not as much as the first, it just 'felt' a little more linear and the only times it really became any sort of challenge was during harvest time if the corpse was not in an easy area to tripwire adequately etc.
    Like fac51 it certainly had that I've played this before feel but still easily had the pull to make me finish it.
    Will I play it again? I don't know, I did the first one a couple of times and got the urge to do so again after finishing this one, rather than run through this one again. Maybe in time I will.

Edit: I played using freeze, electricity, fire and bees.
    Freeze makes nasty things easy, electric is lethal where there's water, fire otherwise since they keep burning. Bees are rediculous you don't even need to see the enemy, just enter area and set them off they'll find enemies and whilst being stung enemies take no notice of you.
    As for guns it really doesn't matter so I picked on requirement for reload at the time. Spear gun cracking weapon but slow reload. Spear one, shotgun next few, rivet next, rail the last...reload

Last edited: 20 Apr 2010
  8. AndyGoldie

AndyGoldie 60Hz for Streets, 144Hz for Sheets

I loved Bioshock 1. I must of played through it 5 times and I got all the achievements, really really loved that game. Bioshock 2 wasn't really anything new, or so far it doesn't feel like it anyway. I've not completed it yet due to a busy schedule but i'm enjoying it so far. I like the new hacking system a lot more too, keeps the game fast paced. Online is horrible though. Can take up to an hour just to find a match.

9. Rofl_Waffle

Rofl_Waffle What's a Dremel?

Its is definitely one of the better shooters.

I played through it once on normal. Didn't have time for a second round on hard but im thinking about it.

It was kinda easy. Actually very easy with the crossbow. Most enemies die one shot in the head and goes flying across the room being impaled to the nearest wall. A funny sight ineed. Rocket crossbows produce hilarious results. Nothing like shooting a rocket in someone's face and seeing it propel his body all over the place.

As for plasmids. Telekenesis and Ice are my favorite. You can basically freeze enemies indefinitely and shatter them any way you please. Telekenesis on the other hand is definitely the most damaging of them all and used the least EVE. Throwing objects at enemes is a good way to slow them down. When you max it you can even pick up enemeis which makes the game impossible to lose. Nothing more awesome than picking up enemies to throw at other enemies.

10. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

i played it through as hard lol, and found it too easy. Can;t imagine why anyone would play it less than hard :/

11. earlydoors

earlydoors Minimodder

I've just started playing through it recently, I'm just at the part where you have to use the camera to record one of those fat fcker Brute Splicers. At first I wasn't compelled with the game, thinking, ah well here we go again, but I've got right into it and am enjoying the different ways to go about things.

I love setting up traps, just before getting the little sister to harvest some adam. great fun!

12. Snaek

Snaek What's a Dremel?

I'm playing through it now, and I'm enjoying it quite a bit. It doesn't have the same impact as the first, but it's still a great game and I'm liking the improvements they've made to the gameplay.

I tried the multiplayer briefly and it was (surprisingly) a lot of fun as well... once I got into a game. Ended up giving up on that because it took too long to get into a match. I liked setting traps at the vending machines to blow up other players trying to heal.