1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Ultimate Steal

Discussion in 'Software' started by Invictus., 13 May 2010.

1. Invictus.

Invictus. Minimodder

Well the ultimate steal website is back up however for windows7 you have to get it through their partners, ive heard bad things about software4 students but is pugh.co.uk any good? win 7 prof. upgrade is £33 and would be v. usefull for my laptop.

Im only asking as ive heard bad things about software4students etc. and you can no longer get direct from MS

2. ianajones25

ianajones25 What's a Dremel?

I would use the Phoenix Software link. We've been using them at work (a college) for years and have always found them helpful and reliable.

3. Yslen

Yslen Lord of the Twenty-Seventh Circle

pugh.co.uk is fine. I bought windows 7 from them a few weeks ago. It's an official Microsoft disk not a copy or anything, like some of the other sites I've heard about.

4. SweatyRod

SweatyRod Bah! Boh!

Lol! I am so glad I was still at uni while Windows 7 came out.Might be different in other universitys/colleges,but as I was studying for a degree for the past 3 years I was able to become a member of MSDN Academic Alliance.You get a login and can browse through pages of MS software to download and keep etc,you just burn it do disc. Key codes are all genuine and they offer the likes of Windows XP,Vista,7 (Both 32 and 64 bit).Others include certain office apps(Access,Project Pro etc) and Visual Studio Professional etc.Fantastic!

They even go as far as offering different editions of Vista,like Enterprise and Home Premium,so you effectively getting two out of it.

5. phantombudgie

phantombudgie What's a Dremel?

I think I got my Win7pro from software4students, but it was a while ago now (shortly after launch) but it went without any problems. If you want the pro version, be careful to double check as you end up with home premium by default in your shopping basket.

You get the upgrade version only, but I know a couple of people who "upgraded" it from the Release Candidate...

6. olimorgan

olimorgan What's a Dremel?

I got mine (Office 2007 Ultimate) through studentbeans.com for £35 but products came from digital river

7. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Bought two copies from Pugh for my kids, both proper original discs, both installed and activated fine.

Quick delivery, nothing to worry about.

Postage was £7.99 which I though a little steep for a single disc..

8. unknowngamer

unknowngamer here

+1 pugh.