1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals DeathAdder or Imperator?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Phalanx, 28 May 2010.

1. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

Hi guys,

So I've been mulling over a new mouse, and I've decided! Razer....!

But that leaves me with two options:

DeathAdder
    Imperator

Now, price aside, which would you go for? I've been reading reviews all over the place, including bit-tech/CPC and other sites, but all of them seem to say they're pretty even and on a par.

I can't decide which one due to this. I was wondering if people have had personal experience with the Imperator and DeathAdder.

Like I said, forget price, I'm talking functionality/comfort/performance.
    Thanks in advance for your opinions.

2. Carper

Carper Guru

I have the deathadder and its a awesome mouse. Not much else to say just buy it :p

3. Phalanx

I've got nothing but good feedback from DeathAdder users so far. Has anyone got an Imperator?

4. Rofl_Waffle

Rofl_Waffle What's a Dremel?

You might want to go for the Imperator simply because it is laser which tracks more accurately than the DeathAdder.

Another grip mouse I would recommend is the CoolerMaster Sentinel. The price is very reasonable and quite well equipted.

Apart from the mouse, you should definitely get a new mouse pad. I prefer the Steelseries I2 glass mouse pad. It glides like no other.

5. Phalanx

I've got a new mouse mat. I went for the Razer Sphex and I can already feel the difference with my current mouse, so I'm sticking with that :) Thanks though for the laser part, I completely didn't click with that when looking at the reviews.

6. Carper

Carper Guru

trust me I wouldn't worry about the deathadder not having a laser like the imperator. its extremely accurate and would you really notice the difference? I don't think so. seeing as the deathadder is a few pound cheaper and in my opinion looks better I would get it. So I recommend the deathadder

7. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

Got a deathadder - its immense, go go go! :D

8. StephenK

StephenK Sneak 'em Upper

Deathadder is a lovely mouse. Really can't go wrong with it. I moved on to a Mamba which I prefer. The Mamba is fantastic and you really get what you pay for. Still, if I couldn't have a Mamba I'd be back using a Deathadder.

9. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

I'd have to say Imperator. The one we've had floating around the lab is awesome and the addition of adjustable thumb buttons means you can adjust it to your hand somewhat.

10. Phalanx

Combatus, I've heard some bad things about the laser on the Imperator. How is it for you? Apparently the diagonal tracking is slightly weird.

11. Davzyii

Davzyii What's a Dremel?

I have a Deathadder and I think the mouse has a great feel and there is nothing wrong with it. But I am sure the Imperator is also great and it looks a bit better as the scroll wheel is newer and being able to move the side buttons positions will help.

12. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Funny you should mention the mouse wheel, I was just considering writing a post about how the Imperator has one of those pesky flat mouse wheels with the notch in them somewhat like the G9. To each their own, but it is certainly something to look at Ph4lanx!

/me strokes his smooth Diamonback mousewheel

13. lil chris

lil chris What's a Dremel?

I have a death adder too superb mouse,have a lycossa keyboard too but thats another story.

14. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

Haven't noticed that myself - I believe all Razor mice have X and Y axis adjustment so I'd imagine you could fine tune any short comings to some degree...

15. MaDnEsS

MaDnEsS What's a Dremel?

So today i got the razer imperator.
    Don't have anything bad to say i use the goliathus alpha control and its nice.I can't say which should you buy but theese 2 mouses are really good.I heard that the deathadder is very comfortable and i can say that so is the imperator(i have big hands).The side button adjustment on the imperator is a nice feature.Since i never had the DA i can't say which to buy.But i hope this helps
    -imperator has 2 more buttons
    -higher dpi(not really needed i keep mine at about 4500)
    -both high quality
    -both look great
    -DA little bit cheaper
    You should try them put in a store if possible since only you can tell if it suits you but is you buy the imperator buy the v2.Once you get use to high dpi its an advantage when playing games(they wont even know what hit them ;))