1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows How do you buy your PC games?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Capulet, 9 May 2010.

1. gavomatic57

gavomatic57 Minimodder

Steam...

2. Rezident

Rezident GFWL failed

Steam when the price is right (Steam is very very expensive in ireland, e.g. €49.99 a game! so normally just for weekend specials) so usually on ebay from India is the cheapest (they do free postage now), typically around £17 - £25 for most new releases.

3. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

i usually buy games with money.

4. mrhrk01

mrhrk01 What's a Dremel?

I usually buy from something like steam or Game (actual retail store).

5. flukielukie

flukielukie The Cool Guy

Steam or Amazon or Play however I do download things of of Xbox Live marketplace for Xbox sometimes.

6. Sexton

Sexton Minimodder

I generally buy games via digital download services such as Steam - from what I've seen, disc versions are highly unreliable and rely on factors such as constantly having disc in the drive which is just annoying.

7. Akuman

Akuman Waffles

Steam definitely.

It's quicker than going to the store and buying it, and most the time it ends up more expensive unless it's an old game that has some 2 for 1 offer on it.

Now that I pretty much buy all my software, games and media online through downloading, I'm considering removing my CD-drive from my case.

8. Jamiethe111

Jamiethe111 What's a Dremel?

As a rank non-tech PC person (pc bought for me as a retirement gift frm my kids!) I tried Steam.....absolute disaster!

I sent them endless e-mails detailing the problems which they asked for (they appear to be more incompetent than me!) and everyone of their "solutions" would not work!...I gave up!

My son lives in California, and he has Steam, and says he has no problems with running it. So when I visit him next month I will get him to show me how to get the thing to work! ...fingers crossed.

9. Quattro D

Quattro D What's a Dremel?

from the back of a truck lol

well as with most people here I only buy from steam when they have crazy offers on

but mostly I buy them online: amazon, play, where ever really that is trustworthy

10. megadriveguy

megadriveguy Minimodder

I tend to buy games on steam most of the time as you cant really trade in or sell pc games once you've activated them even if there on disk