1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows chrome 5 stable issues

Discussion in 'Software' started by chimeradog, 3 Jun 2010.

1. chimeradog

chimeradog What's a Dremel?

i just moved from FF to chrome to try out the stable chrome 5...
    i used peacekeeper to becnhmark chrome 5 and scored 7853 while FF scored 3668

but after the benchmark....chrome started to crash frequently annd would even crash
    straight again after i've just restored the tabs

can some1 tell me why would this problem occur?or and reinstallation would just solve the problem?

another question to ask
    is chrome really better than firefox?i cant feel the difference of the speed these browsers open the page,and chrome seems to crash more than firefox on my pc while firefox haven even crashed before

2. adam_bagpuss

adam_bagpuss Have you tried turning it off/on ?

i stopped using chrome cause it randomly crashes too sometimes.

also it stopped my nvidia drivers from responding and forced a restart of them in windows 7 as soon as ive switched back to FF or IE no nvidia driver crashes hmmmmmmmm

3. flukielukie

flukielukie The Cool Guy

I've moved to Opera for a bit, still I can easily see myself going back to Firefox.

Chrome however is very good but I just prefer the way firefox works, Firefox just seems to load fast and have the features and plugins I need personally, but still I would recommend Chrome to many users especially those who dont want to deal with plugins etc the way I do.

That being said there is extension support for Chrome but the adblock isn't as good as FF in my opinion

4. chimeradog

i've found out y chrome crashes so frequently

i've got Internet Download Manager installed and guess wad chrome have compatibilty issues with it(awww..),disabe IDM's advanced browser integration will stop the crash but cant download faster anymore==

i, also a nvidia graphic card user...never encountered your problems before

planning to switch back to FF because i rely to much on IDM

5. neocleous

neocleous Minimodder

I use Chrome on all my machines 32bit and 64bit and I don't have any crashing issues with it.

An uninstall and reinstall cant hurt. Is your PC due a reformat maybe?

6. Material

Material Soco Amaretto Lime

I use Chrome every day at home and at work and have had very few problems, it always quite good at restoring lost tabs after a crash too.

I'm not sure I'm on board with the whole benchmarking of browsers tho, I can say as ive noticed any real world difference across the ones I've used. I make my choice of browser based purely on functionality and Aesthetics.

7. Akuman

Akuman Waffles

Used Firefox till Chrome came out, and at the time I found Chrome loaded up a lot quicker than Firefox did, so I've kept with it over the past 1 and a half years.

After speaking about different browsers recently with some people, I realised that the slowness may have occurred because of the massive amount of addons I had with Firefox.

So I went back and tried out the different browsers and see if Chrome was actually faster without the addons.

I found that Chrome was indeed faster in loading up pages, especially those with a lot of images.

I'm not saying im a qualified reviewer, and I might have completely missed some other factor that is affecting the difference in speeds between the two browsers.

However I do genuinely prefer Chrome and understand the main disadvantages of not browsing with Firefox.

The choice when it comes to customisation and addons, is definitely a good enough reason for many people to stay with Firefox.

However I found that the main addons I used such as NoScript and AdBlock are available in Chrome.
    NoScript for Chrome
    Adblock for Chrome

Ultimately, both browsers offer great speeds and rather basing it on benchmarks, I'd stick to the one you prefer using since that's crucial when it comes to a tool you use this often.

8. chimeradog

it's already official chrome is having issues with idm
    i've disabled the advanced browser thingy and yeah....no crashes already