1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AWP?

Discussion in 'Game Server' started by church^, 30 Jun 2010.

1. church^

church^ What's a Dremel?

so just wondering whats happening when MP get into action and get all the plug-ins sorted will the awp and the auto be put back away into the cupboard of shame.

i really don't understand the argument against it, because the way i see it you guys have something against its one hit kill capacity but surely then to make it fair wont you also have to ban other weapons that can produce the same one hit kill .....
    like the Deagle or the UMP or even the knife and scout.?

2. Hayze

Hayze Wo|F Like Me

it's not the same thing tbh, but i still think 1 per team when there's a min. of 10 players on, is okay - adds spice, tension and a little thought into gameplay

3. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

It's definitely not the same thing as the rest of the weapons, with those you need a headshot for a one shot kill. AWP/Auto's just need to hit anywhere and it's a definite kill, in my book that's lame for a close-quarters game.

Maybe if we played at distances like ARMAII/OpFlash that would be more fun.

That's my feeling on the matter anyway.

I would imagine the server will be back to normal as soon as Mani writes the plugin for the new jazz.

4. Hayze

Hayze Wo|F Like Me

no being close up it's harder for the awper, easier on opponents. with larger maps the awper has the easy advantage, close up he's vulnerable to rushes/flashes/nades, or the fact if he misses one bullet he's dead.

5. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

I believe the large argument against the AWP is threefold:

-It's not that fun for everyone else to get killed in one shot by the longest ranged (or tied for it) weapon in the game. Think of CTs on de_dust2 trying to run to B from spawn and dying as they run between the double doors just 10 seconds into the game.

-In close range one can no-scope quite reliably for one hit kills which effectively kills the purpose of closer quarters guns and makes the weapon too well rounded. It may not be meant for it, but it is no fun whatsoever to have a sniper turn around and kill you in one hit on a point blank shot.

-Use the f***ing Scout. L2snipe and aim for headshots.

6. Hayze

Hayze Wo|F Like Me

scout isn't always accurate enough and crouching is often never an option

7. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Scout is more than accurate enough tbh. No map is long enough in CS for the accuracy to matter that much. You're much more likely to miss through you not being accurate.

AWP'ers have a disadvantage at short range, but anything past 10 yards is pretty much game for a half decent AWP'er. Most defences against it are just luck.

8. Hayze

Hayze Wo|F Like Me

scout is not reliable, on paper it may be as accurate but use awp for headshots then scout(no crouch) and there is a noticable difference

9. DaveODeth

DaveODeth What's a Dremel?

A crouched player is a dead player even at range, unless you got the headshot then an ak or m4 will **** you good and proper.

10. Hayze

Hayze Wo|F Like Me

+1

11. Tonkatoy

Tonkatoy Exiled

I dont mind the AWP being used, just when everything is sorted server wise, just limit it to a certain number per team...

12. Rogan

Rogan Not really a

I like having the awp in the game. Sure you can get one-shotted, but it's a learning experience. You really should be able to counter it. Unfortunately, many people on the server can't be bothered learning to play against it.

But that's just how it is. I'd play more if the server had AWP and autos enabled, just because removing it upsets the balance.

I can't even remember why awp was restricted in the first place. I think it's because at the time there were two servers running and there needed to be some kind of difference. Perhaps.

Nonetheless, people are used to having it disabled, maybe they'll now become used to having it enabled. Maybe we'll run a vote or something, or have awp nights so people can get the achievements. I'm not 100% sure what will happen. Per map restrictions can be done in mani, but not through MPUK's backend.

^^^ I'd like to see a max of one per team, or a per map restriction. No Awps for CT on Dust, and 2 for terros. Something that can be use to balance out the maps. No awps is basically why assault is such a horrible stalemate. One or two awps for CTs would make a big difference.

13. Hayze

Hayze Wo|F Like Me

it's a good idea :/

14. DaveODeth

DaveODeth What's a Dremel?

I like awps.

15. Hayze

Hayze Wo|F Like Me

but having them unlimited is crazy, the update has proved this, everyone wants one, you see one team dominating dangling their multiple awps around like e-peens while the other team cowers in fear. Restrictions to map and amount of players is just and makes the awp valuable and reliant.

16. Tuned#F_A_F

Tuned#F_A_F What's a Dremel?

I love AWPs, I love using them and I even love playing against them.

But they wreck fun servers. I'm a good player, better than most, but I'm not godlike (*cough* Jani *cough*), and a group of even 2 or 3 godlike players with AWPs can wreck a fun server.

It's risk balancing. The chances of having fun with an AWP enabled server are high, compared to it becoming annoying. But removing AWPs maximises the fun quotient :)

So I'm for AWPs, but against AWPs on the CPC server!

17. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

That's my main problem (the three above were citing others' common complaints). The game gets incredibly stagnant when literally 30%+ players in any given server are rocking AWP+Deagle depending on the map. At least by limiting sniping to Scout only you lose variety in snipers, but force players to use the wealth of submachine guns, shotguns, assault rifles and machine gun available to players otherwise. You might actually get to see something like an AUG or a P90 when all the "I w4nna4 b3 1337" kids stop faceroll AWPing because they saw some skilled player using it on another server.

18. Rat1sully

Rat1sully At Least Skt478 Never Broke

1 per team or a couple for a team losing badly that's my 2 pence

19. Rogan

Rogan Not really a

Well you already know what team has the advantage on what map. I really wish MPUK would get mani working and let us add files manually to the correct folders, so we can do stuff like this.

It's basically impossible using the current system to get full use out of mani, even when they get it working. Having source engine servers without FTP access is severely limiting.

20. R€D

R€D Via con dios......

Tbh my thoughts on this are two fold,

On one hand I don't like the AWPs because they are very unfair - boom dead - boom - dead ... etc

But on the other hand I like being able to have the other autos on there, the kommando and the the other Terrorist version, they take more than one shot and take skill to actually get a few decent kills with them, there more of a challenge lets say.....

I for one would like to see the autos left on and the awp removed but then i suppose theres someone that don't like that either lol ....