1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Speeding fine - can I get out of it?

Discussion in 'General' started by Combatus, 7 Jul 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stuartpb

stuartpb Modder

2. Fishlock

Fishlock .o0o.

Blimey NuTech, give it a rest. Someone's obviously pissed on your bonfire.

3. NuTech

NuTech Minimodder

Wow, you really do think highly of yourself. Does your self-righteousness hold no bounds?

4. stuartpb

stuartpb Modder

:D Seems I have really pissed you off Nutech, either that or you just don't know when to let go, either way give the others a break. I created the thread to try and let this one return to the OP, we have been dominating it for much too long now.

5. NuTech

NuTech Minimodder

Don't worry about me, it takes a lot more than this to make me emotional. I'm just really curious in seeing exactly how high your horse goes.

You say I can't let go, but who's the one making incredibly self-indulgent topics?

6. stuartpb

stuartpb Modder

As I said you want to keep this going, so I created a post to facilitate this. My horse is squarely grounded in the planet reality by the way, it's great down here:D Now if you want to trade silly posts any more, please do use the space I created, if the title offends you I can change it. What would you suggest?:D

7. NuTech

NuTech Minimodder

Don't tempt me, I like being a member of this forum. ;)

Also, do you realise how hypocritical is it chastising someone for deviating the topic, while you insist on doing so as well? I think this is the third or forth time you've recommended using another topic only after ensuring you get the last word in on this one. If you want to take the high road so desperately, do so without keeping one foot in the gutter.

8. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Both of you stop it. Endlessly going round and round in a willy-swinging competition is boring.

If you can't play nice I'll make sure you don't play at all.

9. stuartpb

stuartpb Modder

I think the same could be said of you too, but Krikkit's right we need to stop and stop now. At the end of the day, we can't agree so I agree to disagree.:thumb:

10. MSHunter

MSHunter Minimodder

I remember hear a lot of people get out of speeding tickets by asking when the camera was last tested for accuracy. Google it there is some obscure loophole where if it has not been recently tested they have to drop the fine. Even came up on top gear last year.

11. bixie_62

bixie_62 Minimodder

+1

no point trying to get out of an offence you committed! take the fine/points on the chin and be extra careful in future!

I received a TS10 (failure to comply to traffic signals) earlier this year, and i considered 'worming out of it' but turned out there was not much need, although the apparent benefits were obvious! i was paying £1500/year for tpft cover and i thought 'damn, points mean it doubles', and indeed, when it came to renewal last week all my quotes were £3000+! however my previous insurer (quinn) actually said to me on the telephone that they do not mind about the first 6 points providing that there was no ban and that there was no accident involved! (renewed for 1150)

take the points/fine and keep a beady eye out for speed cameras/traffic cameras! (or invest in a warning device...)

12. memeroot

memeroot aged and experianced

regardless of anything else is this site a place to record various criminal offences for public perusal? esp when neither individual is private about their identity?

13. unknowngamer

unknowngamer here

IMO

As a twunt who speeds more than they should, I'd say take the points.

I've got no point on mine, nor have I ever been done for speeding.

but in all honesty, if I did speed and got caught, it's just a matter of pay the fine and take the points.

it's a PITA, but as the saying goes.
    if you can't do the time don't do the crime.

it's your responsability to know the speedlimit in any given area, if you don't know it, you've got to assume it's 30......

14. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

We all done then? Lovely.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.