1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Assault rifle replica

Discussion in 'General' started by shoxicwaste, 13 Jul 2010.

1. shoxicwaste

shoxicwaste Minimodder

I have been searching for a replica of a assault rifle m4a1 carbine or m4a1 range,

the reason i want this is i play alot of Counter strike and love this weapon, i want to get a replica to hang on my wall as a collectors item etc

im having trouble finding what im looking for
    price range £50-£150

airsoft = £100 but i need to be over 18 (im 18 in December) i need to be registered to some association group blah blah blah

Does anybody have any ideas?

2. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

You can look for a deactivated rifle. At least that's the real deal not some chinese plastic piece of ****.

But then i'd imagine you can't get one of those for 150 quid. More like 1500.

3. Herbicide

Herbicide Lurktacular

Last edited: 13 Jul 2010
    shoxicwaste likes this.
  4. shoxicwaste

shoxicwaste Minimodder

mhm, way out of my price range.. it's only for sitting on my wall...

5. Mr Mario

Mr Mario What's a Dremel?

The VCRB covers all replica imitation firearms, whether they are for airsoft or not. In fact it should now be illegal to purchase anything bearing a realistic resemblance to a firearm unless you fall under an exemption, such as a drama group or are a airsofter. In fact even buying one that is painted to look fake (ie pink) and then painting it black is illegal.

As the above guys stated a de-activated/blank firer is your best bet, but it will be costly.

Edit: Do deactivated .22 exist? as you might be able to find a m4 lookalike .22 that has been deactivated for a little cheaper.

6. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I've not seen many deact Armalites in the UK. I do know of one, but it is £1500 and an AR10. Sadly, they do not list prices for their sold stuff (They have sold a .22 M4).

Believe me, I've looked.

For what it's worth, here are my regular haunts for deactivated weapons;

http://www.helstongunsmiths.com/fr_shop-1.html - They do some nice cheap AKs in your price range

http://thegunner.net/khxc/index1.php - Mostly WWII stuff, but they do get some nice stock in sometimes.

And of course, as mentioned, deactivated-guns.co.uk, but I've never seen an armalite go through them.

7. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

8. shoxicwaste

shoxicwaste Minimodder

Thanks for all the replies, Im looking at cheaper de-activated guns looks like im going to have to wait till im 18 to register anyway...

9. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

Sorry to say this but the UK sucks for gun laws, please don't flame, it's the truth

For $700 you could get a upper and lower receiver for a AR15 and it would fire

10. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

It doesn't 'suck', thats just the law. And to be honest, I'm pretty pleased it is how it is, as I dread to think what it'd be like if guns were legal/more legal.

11. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

As a result, the uk has a knife crime problem.

What did the government think, that people would stop killing each other if there were no guns? Yah right.

It's been shown that there is less violent crime in areas of increasing gun ownership.

To the OP, what about an airsoft rifle?

Last edited: 13 Jul 2010
  12. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

Actually where I used to live it was pretty easy to get a gun.

Stupid kids used to carry them to make them feel like they were men " little wa*kers "

13. shoxicwaste

shoxicwaste Minimodder

Im considering it, but does the gun have to be 50% brightly coloured (Two-Tone) and i have to be registered (over 18) and attend 3 airsoft games in 1 months... which i don't want to do.. i have no intentions of firing it.. just for display purposes only.. :/

14. murraynt

murraynt Modder

Wow never realized how expensive guns are deactivate or not

15. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

EDIT: Nevermind, link works now.

EDIT: Damn, that bulgarian AK would be a steal, too bad it's the new type of UK deactivation. :(

16. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

If someone wants to kill someone, it makes no difference is guns are illegal, he'll find a way. I know it's a massive cliché, but "guns don't kill people, people do". Over here there are thousands and thousands of weapons, people do hunt and shoot as a hobby. It's the illegal guns that are used in crimes, not the legal ones.

And to me it sounds ridiculous you can't get an air soft gun without some goddamn license. :lol:

Good luck finding one for the budget, there sure is something to nicely made weapons. Even if you never fire them.

EDIT: And oh, how does the deactivation thing work? Does it just mean the barrel is ruined, or is the whole mechanism welded? I just wonder if you still can charge it empty?

17. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

To be fair, can you imagine what it would be like if every teenage deliquent could go an buy a replica (and I mean indistinguishable from the real thing unless you open it up). Not that they'd be used for illegal purposes neccesarily but you can imagine the problems it would cause if they started carrying them around with them and waved them around in public.

You can actually get a two tone gun without a licence (I've got a little USP compact which is 50% blue) which is acceptable for personal use and less likely to cause trouble although there's still the potential for them to be misused.

18. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Ok the two-tone stuff is something I didn't know of and sounds fair enough. And yes, some teenager fools will always get themselves into trouble, but again I think the same antiheroes will get into trouble also without air soft assault rifles.

19. bahgger

bahgger Minimodder

Have you thought of going to the school workshop and building a replica out of MDF or some other easily obtainable material? Just saying.. since you don't even want to pull on the trigger you won't need a functioning one.

20. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

Are you serious? You can't just buy it to have it? That's pretty lame..