1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Notebooks Notebook issues

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by TheColdLord, 18 Jul 2010.

1. TheColdLord

TheColdLord What's a Dremel?

This is the rig:
    Asus G71Gx notebook:
    Intel Q9000 CPU
    nVidia GTX260M 1GB
    6 GB of RAM
    320 gb + 320 gb of HDD
    I've got the following problem:
    This notebook is obviously a gaming one, and I use it for just that. I close it (not shut it down) or just leave it alone for some time, and I start up a game; it works as it should for about 5-10 minutes. Afterward it has a huge frame-rate drop to something like 5 frames(even in games like WoW, which runs prior to that @ 60 constant). After I restart; it all goes back to normal for a fair amount of time. If however I decide to play another game I need to restart again. Any ideas? Also I've checked the temps with speed-fan and they are within normal range. Also the room temp rarely exceeds 24 degrees(A\C unit is always on).
    Any ideas on what to do to prevent these sudden frame drops? Its kinda' annoying for a 1600 euro laptop to do something like this.

Thanks!

2. Jux_Zeil

Jux_Zeil What's a Dremel?

The only thing I can think of is to check the BIOS for throttling(C1E) and turn it off. You could also check the advanced power options as laptops have a tendancy to be set on <power saver>.

3. TheColdLord

Well I checked the BIOS but it doesn't have an option called throttling. Or perhaps I don't know where to look? I've looked in the advanced CPU settings and there was no mention of it.

4. Jux_Zeil

Jux_Zeil What's a Dremel?

Sorry, should have been a bit more specific. I try not to sound too patronising when answering a plea for help.

It is usually called 'C1E function' under the <Advanced CPU settings or I have come across it in the <Power options> a couple of times.

If you have no such setting then you will have to change the power settings in the OS instead.

If you need help with the advanced power settings let us know your OS and we can help you from there.

5. TheColdLord

Its alright. I have a few years experience with pc-s, not so much notebooks.
    I haven't found anything like the C1E function you've described.
    As regards to the OS installed its Windows Vista Home Premium (yey :p )