1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows *SOLVED* WDSclient PC network driver problem

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by K3TT, 22 Jul 2010.

1. K3TT

K3TT What's a Dremel?

Goal (What I'm trying to achieve): To get Boot image to pick up the driver from the image itself.

Here are the stuffs what I've done so far:

Copyed the boot.wim from Windows 7 installation Disc.

Use DISM to mount the image, add driver, un-mount and it went successfully added those Intel NIC drivers .

Uploaded to Boot Images section in WDS Server.

Boot up the client PC with PXE network boot, successfully boot up and select the new Boot image (Which I have added the drivers in) and enter.

Once the windows 7 wallpaper loaded up, Setup loading and about 1 minute, it came up an error say the WDSclient cant find the matching hardware drivers from the image itself.

I have also tested with different boot image such as, WinPE boot image from WAIK Windows 7, I've used the same steps to add drivers, add to WDS, boot it up and it works fine with IP config as I get IP address from DHCP server.

Last edited: 23 Jul 2010
  2. K3TT

K3TT What's a Dremel?

*SOLVED*

By right click the Add Driver Package in Boot image WDS, and click next search for drivers, tick the drivers you want and next then finish.

This is like a DISM in GUI version, it automatically mount the image, add drivers, un-mount the image and save the image within WDS.