1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scythe Kaze Master controllers

Discussion in 'CCL Computers' started by samuelmorris, 28 Jul 2010.

1. samuelmorris

samuelmorris What's a Dremel?

During the [successful] installation of the X25-V I bought from CCL today, I noticed that my old Sunbeam Rheobus Extreme fan controller had stopped working, and upon inspecting it, found substantial burn marks on the power connectors for it. I'd been eyeing up a replacement for it for some time in the form of the Scythe Kazemaster, as I'm somewhat fed up of having absurdly bright LEDs continuously glowing in my face [even though the Rheobus Extreme is far better for that than the original] but wanted some visible indication of the speed the fans were going. I strongly dislike the touch-screen units and all the cheap tat produced by companies like Aerocool [had one of theirs in the past, yuck] so the Kaze Master seems for me.

However, I notice it has recently been superceded by the Kaze Master Ace, a newer design, which, depending on which site you visit, looks completely different at each one. The majority of these designs [all except for one that looks too similar to the original to be true] seem inferior to the original, and I note that the original Kaze Master is only stocked at the supplier for CCL, not at the store itself. I'm going away for a week in two days' time, so won't be ordering yet, but I was wondering,
    is the warehouse likely to receive any more of the original Kaze Master, or is this the last lot? I'd rather not come back in a week and find they've all gone, if there aren't going to be any more :p

Cheers
    Sam

2. Tom @ CCL

Tom @ CCL AKA: Yewen

There are 34 of these available for us to order, after that it looks like there might not be any more.

If it is essential you get hold of one of these you could place an order on our website witha delivery date of a few weeks time. What we would do is the day you order buy the stock into our warehouse and reserve it until you wanted the item delivered. :)

3. samuelmorris

If that's doable, that would probably be handy. Is that process visible through the normal order procedure?

4. Tom @ CCL

Should be, just select a delivery date in the distant future. :)

5. samuelmorris

Next question, CCL free shipping? I've entered my forum details into my account profile page, but don't see any evidence of the discount on the order I'd be placing for these. Is there a waiting period to authorise the process?

6. Tom @ CCL

My system is showing you as being eligible for the offer, your accounts being successfully linked together and our system has initially assigned you 3x free shipping credits to use.

The default shipping option when you go through the checkout should be a free option.

7. samuelmorris

I see the free shipping thing on the page - but it doesn't show in the order.
    [​IMG]

8. Tom @ CCL

If you click the CLICK HERE on your shipping option to change it and select the free option it should remove the shipping charge.

9. samuelmorris

Doing so prevents me from setting any day but the 3rd as the delivery date :S

10. Tom @ CCL

Place your order and I will get the date ammended internally. :)