1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My laptop folding experience

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by Synay, 28 Aug 2010.

1. Synay

Synay What's a Dremel?

I just wanted to share some nice experience with you guys.

Over last couple of years I read many, many posts about "Folding killing laptops" and stuff like that but I must say that a well thought through laptop will fold just ok. I got my Sony Vaio VPCCW2S1E about 3 months ago after I had to get rid of my folding pc. Since then it was running almost 24/7 folding on both CPU and GPU as it has combination of i3/Nvidia 330 in it. I even overclocked the GPU by about 15%. I never had any problems with temperatures, in fact neither of the components never reaches as much as 59 degrees. Sure it's not a proper folding machine but is capable of producing up to 4000 PPD and I'm for once am very happy with it. And all for £600.

Brave little folder it is and I just wanted to say that there seem to be less worry to have about folding on modern laptops than ever before.

Little encouragement here :thumb:

2. 1Razor

1Razor Living life one day at a time....

Lets hope your experience is a good one, but as you stated, the machine is only 3 months old.

Lets give it another 9 months shall we, hopefully you will still be just as pleased!

Fold on!

3. Taffy

Taffy Folding for Margaret 17/3/2011 RIP

I was folding on my Alianware 17x-2 without any problem on an i5 no heat issues or hiccups. only sorry I had to stop :sigh:

4. littlepuppi

littlepuppi Currently playing MWO and loving it

Folded for about a year on a T61... No issues either... Dont fold on my lappy now as its work critical but it was fine...

5. r3loaded

r3loaded Minimodder

I'm a laptop folder too, though my main laptop functions mainly as a desktop replacement. It's partly due to the ridiculous setup I have: http://forums.bit-tech.net/showpost.php?p=2375476&postcount=25

Given that it doesn't draw more than 60 or so watts at the wall, the combined PPD of ~2000 for the C2D and the 8600M is nothing to laugh at ;)

6. Gothic-Yoshi

Gothic-Yoshi The Matrix has you!!!

heyy taffy i seen ur folding profile in Custom PC keep up the good work :D

7. chin913

chin913 忍び So say we all

Tried folding on my amd turion x2 and it was pathetic and got real hot,just used for iTunes now.surprised they never developed folding for the xbox360 like they did for the ps3

Last edited: 4 Sep 2010