1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CSS Admins needed - Apply within

Discussion in 'Game Server' started by Rogan, 6 Sep 2010.

1. Rogan

Rogan Not really a

Server regulars will probably have known this was upcoming; let's skip to the chase.

We need a small number of out of hours admins. Four in total - two to run the server early in the day, and another two for the graveyard shift.

The admins are going to have to be available at these times:

Day : 1pm-6pm
    Night: 10pm - 3am

Obviously this is not a job, and you don't have to be there for every minute of the day. We're just looking for people who normally play at those times anyway. It shouldn't be a great imposition. Please don't apply if it's going to interfere with your life.

Here's how the process will work:

We're going to start off by taking volunteers, and then we'll run an open vote.

In the vote everyone can place four votes. Two for the day admins, and two for the night admins.

When people stop voting we'll tally up and the four players with the most votes will be awarded admin rights.

Prospective admins should be regularly available; of a calm disposition; and willing to do the boring repetitive work of taking demos, watching regularly suspect players without jumping to conclusions, and generally keeping the server running within the rules. You'll also be required to keep the admin forums updated of bans / watched players, and help other admins by viewing their demos to give opinion on whether the demos prove suspicious play or cheating.

In return you'll get certain privileges, like being able to select maps, teleportation powers to free stuck players, kick and ban, and whatever else is deemed necessary.

Current admins may not vote/nominate.

Past admins, who are not banned, may apply and vote/nominate.

Last edited: 6 Sep 2010
  2. Kyser Soze

Kyser Soze played by Kevin Spacey

I'm game. I'm awake through until about 5am (I'm a PSP games coder with weird hours) with steam running so I could take a night shift slot.

Your chum,

Kyser Soze.

3. Panomama

Panomama I once signed up on uniform dating

I could take a day slot (3-6pm) sometimes.
    I need something to get back into css. I have past experiance with admining and I had my own css server and KF server (rank 7).
    If you Need to ask me anything, My steam is kylet450.

Thank you

4. Maddness

Maddness What's a Dremel?

I could try a night shift slot. Im normally online in one form or another till at least 1am (often later). So i'll offer my help if required

5. AKA.Nightbreed

AKA.Nightbreed What's a Dremel?

Im in Shout me if you need me.....cant do those times though but can be reg at 7-9pm if needed

6. splatdeath

splatdeath What's a Dremel?

I can do the 1-6 during the day as i am in work and can keep an eye on things..

At weekends i am usually around at these times too, sometimes out doing the weekly shop but almost always about.

Splat

EDIT - I am away on my holis from 12th - 27th of this month.

Last edited: 9 Sep 2010
  7. Tuned#Stu

Tuned#Stu Rage Machine

I would happy be help admin the server, although I suggest you make me a backup choice as I can only really commit to 430-6pm during the weekdays, weekends shouldn't be a problem. So if there is people that can commit the full time might be better picking them.

8. DJRenegade

DJRenegade Yorkshire Warrior!

would be happy to help all hours - mainly 10pm - 3am tho. When im not playing i have steam open 24/7 so if people get to know me and add me to steam im happy to come on the server to help out anyone who needs it at anytime im at my PC :)

I was also a senior admin for near 3 years for INC Gaming Clan so i know my stuff :)

9. Leapimus Maximus

Leapimus Maximus What's a Dremel?

I volunteer

I could do the later shift most nights, most of the regs know me anyway and I've been playing on the server for at least 4 years.

toodle pip!

Leapy
    :clap:

10. syk

syk What's a Dremel?

Hey I would gladly volunteer for the night shift. I currently use the name SyK however in the past i played under the alias Gh0s7, i've recently taken a break from css but i'm back and cpc has always been my favourite server :D I am on steam Everyday from 5/6 onwards so i would be happy to help out.

steam = slayerlegend

11. Rossco

Rossco What's a Dremel?

I could do so if needed usualy till about 12 1 though

12. Kyser Soze

Righto chaps - when's the vote? I've printed up a stack of flyers and hired a marching band for the big day - can't keep them on retainer forever.

13. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

I'm usually on 10 til midnight weekdays and alot over weekends. Dont mind doing the graveyard shift, although the server usually gets quiet after 11.30 on weeknights!

Also i'd like to add that i'm not great at CSS and usually suspect everyone of cheating!

14. Puk

Puk (A shrewd and knavish sprite)

I dont mind having another go, had a few people on SF saying they've missed my admin presence and I was half decent, you know when i'm about, every evening of general. Sorry not been about of late as buisness has been a bit mental typically!

15. bullseye

bullseye Who dares wins

Bribes work better . My paypal address soldmysoul@brimstone.com :thumb:

Last edited: 2 Oct 2010
  16. AKA.Nightbreed

AKA.Nightbreed What's a Dremel?

When's the voting start?????

17. fu manchu

fu manchu I'll have the special.

No actual date decided yet and as its only just gone in the mag last week I imagine it will be within the next 2 weeks to give people enough chance to put their name down.

What would speed up the process, or rather give it some clarity, is for applicants to read the criteria of what we need, preferably applicants that actually play and are known on the server.

Last edited: 4 Oct 2010
  18. bunch92css

bunch92css What's a Dremel?

Hi,

I would really like to become an admin on the server. I have been playing on this server for a very long time (bunch92 ) so people know me and I would admin the server in a very fair way. Been admin before so I know the responsabilities. I am 35, from south of France, travelling regularly to the UK.

I am available most evenings 8pm-midnight and if picked, I promise I won't go on strike in the first 3 months :D ....

Bunch92

19. fu manchu

fu manchu I'll have the special.

As it seems to get missed in Rogans original post here it is again, in big red letters

We need a small number of out of hours admins. Four in total - two to run the server early in the day, and another two for the graveyard shift.

The admins are going to have to be available at these times:

Day : 1pm-6pm
    Night: 10pm - 3am

Obviously this is not a job, and you don't have to be there for every minute of the day. We're just looking for people who normally play at those times anyway. It shouldn't be a great imposition. Please don't apply if it's going to interfere with your life.

20. Kyser Soze

I don't have a life.

I play counterstrike.