1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress project media monster

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by modder4:20, 29 Jul 2010.

1. modder4:20

modder4:20 What's a Dremel?

ok guys need to now what you think about this idea...since my mediacade is a sitdown cab and media center i decided to make the coin door its own box so i can remove it if need be and use it as a drink holder ect.i am gonna build the box and make it match the cab thinking of putting movie marquee and side art on it and the front of the cab kinda like this.
    [​IMG] i will be using ikea color changing lights for the light effect. i figured it will go with the theme of the cab if the art work was both movie and arcade art.let me know what you think and as far as the coin box goes here is a idea of what it will be this was made by a fellow modder.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEv77JWTSuc
    mine will be a little bigger since my cab is full size.

2. modder4:20

ok so i went to the flea market on sunday as i always do and i found this awesome old toilet paper roll holder that was the exact same deminsons as the coin box i wanted to build and i got it for a dollar AWESOME!...so i got it home and got to work on it i plan to put movie marquee art on the sides to match the cab i'm useing nylon black wrap with this cool chrome nylon so it should bring the side art out nice here is what i did so far im still working on it so these are not the final pics i have to run pout and get more nylon and side art printed.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    still have a few things to do but so far so good

3. modder4:20

well i decided to put a cab in my living room so i decided to go with a sit down type cab kinda like a vuwlex cab but with my own style and design.the goal is to run a original xbox modded with xbmc and emulators i love xmugen =)...i also plan to run my ps3 wii and jtagged 360 all from the same cab.it will have a 2 player six button layout with ro arcade controls 50inch plasma screen wireless 3rd player controller remote power wireless internet and a 10inch monitor built into the control panel and a few extras here is what i have done so far.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

4. modder4:20

ok so today was bitter sweet i got the touch screen overlay in the mail yesterday from my sponsor looks great kinda like a sheet of plexi glass with leds and wires sadwitched in between each other LOl bad thing is it only works with lcds not plasmas =( so i had to change up my design a little i found a 36 inch lcd tv on craigslist for 250 but ended up trading the dude one of my jtags for it and it fit the overlay perfect so prob spolved there just suck because now i dont know what to do with the 50 inch plasma since i have a 50inch 3d tv might sell the plasma to fund this build.anyway it cleared up some room in back so i can make a killer control panal there now with a 10inch monitor i did get alot done to the cab will have pics when i get home.

5. modder4:20

Well this will be a day of updates for me i just got a new camera so finally i can continue with this thread.i know its been a while guys but i got a ton done with this.i Modified my design due to space and hardware i got from my sponsor so here are the mods.had to switch the 50 inch plasma to a 37 inch lcd so i can use my light guns and touch screen overlay.made the tv mount longer to add a awesome marquee.connected all sound to home surround sound system.here are the new add ons,controll deck for power button and open button 8.5 inch lcd,usb port,multi colored movie poster marquee,player one and two stools.i will be adding a 22inch lcd over top of the p37 inch tv and useing it as a marquee that displays move list for all games millions of marquee arts,and when using the media center it will display the movie pposters for the movies you are watchings aswell as movie info and trailers.plus this is football season so it will be cool to watch to games at once =).ill be adding pics throughout the day here are a few of the control deck and 8.5 inch lcd.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]