1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CPU Intel core i5 750 or 760

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by abhijat, 25 Sep 2010.

1. abhijat

abhijat What's a Dremel?

Hi everyone,

Just wanted an opinion on choosing between the i5 750 and 760. I've been looking around and have found that any site that sells one doesn't stock the other, which is quite weird.

Which processor would you guys recommend? The i5 760 runs faster at stock (2.8 Ghz v 2.66 Ghz), but which is more overclockable.

I would appreciate any help. With thanks

2. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

The 760 has gone largely unreviewed on the whole net, which i think is quite astonishing. Bit-Tech even chose to do a full review for the completely pointless i7-970 instead. I mean, COME ON!

Anyway, it all depends on getting a good price, and how much you will care for the OCing. If you wanna OC for the sake of it, playing around to get the high numbers, definately get the 760. If you want to OC just to get more value, there's no noticable preformance to be found north of 4GHz, and almost all 750 can do that with very little effort already.

3. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

As Xtrafresh has said if you can get it at a good price the go for, as far as I'm aware there not a great deal of difference between the 2 other than the 760 being a tuned up version that might over clock slightly better, but only towards the outer limits of performance .

4. abhijat

abhijat What's a Dremel?

Thanks guys,

I wasn't able to find much about the 760 which was a little concerning and surprising. I'll definitely be going for the 760 as there isn't much of a price difference.

I'm aiming to oc it only to around 4GHz so nothing too troublesome.

Thanks again guys.