1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electronics Bios

Discussion in 'Modding' started by fuzzyrabbit, 25 Jan 2003.

1. fuzzyrabbit

fuzzyrabbit What's a Dremel?

Looking to tool to backup BIOSes. Its an Asus A7N8X Bios, dont know what type of BIOS tool I can back it up. I want to make a spare chip so i can change it when it breaks again

Help?

2. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

Most bios flashers can make a backup copy of the existing bios, but I don't know if it's suitable to burn to an empty chip.

BIOS break? Not heard of that happening... :confused:

Also check out BIOS Savior, reviewed here.

3. hydrogen18

hydrogen18 Banned

perhaps he means if it was to get accidentally damaged whilst flashing it by "break"

4. fuzzyrabbit

:/ There is a solution, i have to buy more of the identical bios chips used in my board.

Oh well ive sent my Bios chip, and now im waiting it to be flashed back to normal. when it comes back and if my system still wont post, ill sucide that simple.

5. Loz

Loz Blah Blah

The BIOS Saviour might be what you're looking for. Theoverclockingstore.co.uk do it in 2MB and 4MB versions, you'll need to the appropriate size for your motherboard.

It basically has a second chip which keeps a backup of your original BIOS and you can select to boot from either via a switch. It's kept seperate so it can't be damaged.

6. fuzzyrabbit

well ill try to get hold of those then, but mean time the bios is going back to be flashed first, thne hopefully ill have a working bios, if not.. uh oh