1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disaster Geforce2MX400 64Mb

Discussion in 'Modding' started by ZeffriN, 20 Dec 2001.

1. ZeffriN

ZeffriN What's a Dremel?

Well,

My graphics adapter was overheating during full on gaming sessions so I decided to fit on a blue orb.

I put it in the freezer for a few minutes. In a sealed bag, of course.

Then I popped off the heatsink with relative ease actually using a screw driver. Although, I did squash down a little bit of the green that hangs out of the plastic chip thing.

Now when I power up my computer, I get nothing. No graphics, no monitor sync clicks. Nothing

Do you think the little bit of PCB ****ed it up? It's so small damage. Also, it didn't look like it had anything connected to it cuz it hung out further than the pins to the board.

WHat have I done? =(

I dont have money for a new one either =(

2. Slink

Slink B7

Try taking the card out, the pushing it back in, My 64 meg geforce has its on \ off days, and usualy this is the solution

3. ZeffriN

ZeffriN What's a Dremel?

Unfortunately I've tried that.

I've tried it in diff computers. Definately wasted the card =(

4. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

Thts how m 32 meg MX died, I wanted to glue a fan to it, some how I got some glue stuck on the contacts of the AGP slot, didn;t notice, I put the card back in, funny I thought that went in funny, switched on and nothing. took the card out and saw have the gold tracks were near enough scrathed off, sent it back to supplier saying it died through noremal use, 2 months later 32 meg GeFroce 2 MX 200 arives in post with a cover note sying reported fault was confiremd and card was replaced under warranty.

Morale of the story, never every glue on a fan!!