Motherboards Asus P6TD Deluxe's bright LED?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by crazybee, 26 Oct 2010.

1. crazybee

crazybee Black & Yellow

Hi there folks just a little question.
    I got the above mother board and I was wondering what exactly does the little BRIGHT blue LED just under the A1 DIMM sockets means?

I've been testing my rig and found a dead stick of ram so I'm currently running just 2 sticks till I get replacement memory but I'm just wondering about the bright LED under the DIMM sockets cause now its off :confused:

2. g3n3tiX

g3n3tiX Minimodder

Several times (due to a faulty SATA cable) the LED didn't light up and board would not POST (stuck at "GPU == plane engine" step.) had to clear CMOS.
    I guess it should be on. (P6T Deluxe here, not the P6TD)

Is it mentioned in the manual ? Or is there some text next to it ?

3. crazybee

crazybee Black & Yellow

no mention at all regarding the led. system still runs fine but only thing i have changed is only running 2 sticks or ram instead of 3 as I got a bad stick. going to be returning all the memory and getting new so maybe that's why. Just wanna know what its for cause at first I didn't like it as it over powered the other lighting i got inside but now its gone i wanna know why & hope its nothing bad

4. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

I'm not 100% sure but I think when it's on it's indicating that there are no problems with the RAM. It stays on with just 2 slots populated. Is the RAM in the orange slots?

5. crazybee

crazybee Black & Yellow

it was always on when i had 3 sticks in the orange slots, but I'm only running 2 til i get replacements as i got a bad one, maybe 2 bad sticks :waah: . Just wanted to know what it meant and having no mention in the manual is double troubling

6. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

7. crazybee

crazybee Black & Yellow

yeah I did, sometimes it booted up and only 4Gb out the 6Gb would show up, ran memtest on each stick for a couple of hrs, 2 came up with errors.

then put each stick in one at a time and 1 stick the comp didn't boot up at all, when i put them all in and tried to do memtest it did the first test to about 47% then crashed out.

reseated the Heatsink on processor as I've read that could be an issue as well but seems bad memory. Will know when i get new sticks