1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FahMon 2.3.99.3 a curious thing?

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by One_Box, 11 Nov 2010.

1. One_Box

One_Box Folder of the month April 2012

Yesterday my Fermi cards automatically downloaded new updated FahCore_15.exe cores.

Now the progress completed does not tie up with the log file at all (e.g. log file shows 26% complete, FAHMON progress 72%)!!

All non-fermi and SMP clients report correctly as usual.

Any thoughts uncle_fungus ?

2. Scruffy_Dog

Scruffy_Dog Woof

Have you tried a - Tools, Download New Projoects - update as there are load of new WUs.

Follow up, it sorted out the lack of WU info for me and seemed to sort out % complete but as units have progressed I am getting the same sort of thing. Also using - Clients, Reload All - I get a completely arbitrary set of new figures from FahMon!

Last edited: 11 Nov 2010
  3. One_Box

Ditto Scruffy!!

4. StreetSam

StreetSam Minimodder

I'm guessing that because the log file format is different on the new exe. core FAHMON isn't reading it correctly. But any second Uncle_Fungus will pop up and tell me I'm an idiot.

5. uncle_fungus

uncle_fungus P/T Folding@home developer

No, that's correct. The fermi core logging is in a state of flux at the moment, and at least one of the iterations is in a format that FahMon doesn't currently understand.

Stopping the client, deleting fahcore_15.exe and restarting the client should fix things, as the latest version of the core appears to write the log in a "standard" format.

6. One_Box

Thanks uncle_fungus, deleting fahcore_15.exe did the trick.:D