1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Do you play one game or more?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by mikemorton, 9 Nov 2010.

1. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

Like gunsmith said, I play what I'm in the mood to play. I may try to play black ops and last 10-15 minutes before raging and going to play league of legends. Most multiplayer games will keep me busy for an hour or so but any games with a story that I'm actually interested in can keep me occupied for a few hours at a time, though I may only play those games once or twice a week.

2. knuck

knuck Hate your face

for several years I played ut99 only, then I switched to ut2k4 but didn't play anything else. The past few years have been different and since cod2, I have been playing cod along with ut. These days I mostly play tf2, sc2, some ut2k4 and also black ops, which I barely had time to try yesterday

I only play multiplayer games though. I just can't stand it when a game tries to tell me a story... like I care about the story, I just wan't some great gameplay

3. nemo

nemo Foregone Destruction

I'm the same with games as for books ; I have several on the go at once. During this week, I've been playing :
    • Left 4 Dead
    • GTA Vice City
    • Ratchet & Clank Tools Of Destruction (I know)
    • Angry Birds (yes, I know)

But as hyder & Krikkit said, if something has a good story, I'll concentrate on that. Played the hell out of Stalker SOC & COP a while back.

I'm saving Metro 2033 for this weekend ...

4. Zippededo

Zippededo What's a Dremel?

I usually have 3 on the go, currently - Red Dead, Dead Rising and Toy Soldiers on Arcade.

5. Byron Shelley Inje

Byron Shelley Inje Byron Shelley Injeeli

Byron Shelley Injeeli

I usually play more than one game at a time even though its a bad and less efficient habit of playing games.
    Byron Shelley Injeeli

6. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

I played through and completed Bayonetta earlier this year and my god, what a game. It makes other games feel like trudging through syrup tbh.

I tend to play through 1 on each platform. I.e. the other day finally completed Mafia II on the PC (bit of an abrupt ending?!) and I'm playing through RDR on PS3 atm and now it's COD:BO on PC.

7. NethLyn

NethLyn Minimodder

There's normally one "chief" game that takes up all the time, and recently it's been Supreme Commander 2 thanks to the DLC.

Also gave a quick play of old AvP through Steam playing as the Pred, Left 4 Dead 2 still gets a look-in thanks to its mutators which they should really just pack up as DLC and let people play as they wish, rather than rotating them.

Now I finally have a 360 pad there's Kane and Lynch, Tomb Raider Anniversary, any GTA and any other game the pad is compatible with in the GFW series that I've just had sitting around.

Since Crysis 2 and Portal 2 both slipped, what I don't have, is a "Christmas" game - it'll be a mix of the above, as Xmas will be the only time I will have to aim for Expert Realism in L4D2 for example.

8. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

I only have a couple of games to begin with, I'm really not the kind who tries everything new.

This year it's mainly been either CoD4 or BF:BC2. Not I'm also trying out the Black Ops, but so far it feels 110% like the MW2 which I didn't like.

9. Coltch

Coltch Minimodder

Depends on what mood I'm in. I played through ME & ME2 without touching other games, but every now and then the call comes to get on GT Legends multiplayer.

Currently playing TESIV: Oblivion (again), ME2 (again), COD2 (again) and one of the best PC RPG's Planescape Torment (again).

Mostly have a blast on old C64/Speccy games on my laptop as it's old,not very good (laptop that is - the games were tops!) and is running Fedora Linux.

Last edited: 18 Nov 2010
  10. itisme

itisme This may or may not be important.

I play Starcraft 2, Minecraft, Dwarf Fortress amoung other, personally, it depends on the game. If its a game that can be stopped and picked up in 15 sec, then yah im probably gonna be playing 3 or 4 of them on and off on a given day, but for Minecraft, Starcraft, and even pokemon, you kinda have to play them in large sessions.

11. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

I normally play a number of games at any time, unless I have a new game that I've been itching to play "forever".
    At present, I am playing:
    - The odd game of League of Legends
    - F1 2010
    - Assassin's Creed 2
    - Mass Effect 2 is still in progress, and has been since I got it a GOOD while ago.

12. Byron Shelley Inje

Byron Shelley Inje Byron Shelley Injeeli

Just, one thing, are you guys referring to casual gaming or "i want to finish this game as quickly as possible" gaming. I can play multiple games if im just playing casually, but i tend to focus on just one game if i really just want to finish it.

------------
    Byron Shelley Injeeli

13. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

I used to follow the idea of playing a single game until it has been completed, then moving on to the next.
    Nowadays though it's harder to keep myself locked into a single game so I tend to play 3-4 different games in a day.

The only times I still do a single game for the day is if I'm doing a mass session on an MMO, or the odd days where I feel like immersing myself into a game (usually something like Batman AA or X3 Terran Conflict).

14. Everydayoddity

Everydayoddity What's a Dremel?

Depends on if I have a 'New' game to play. Also on whether or not I'm playing Single or Multi - player. I generally don't buy games constantly, I take my time to chose the games I want (which usually means I'm a couple of months behind the times and never get to play with my mates!) so I have periods where I 'idle' as such. when I'm on idle I switch between TF2, L4D2, Trackmania, Audiosurf and Chime, and whenever I get a 'new' game I generally ignore everything else until I'm done with it, and go back to the old favourites, until the next new thing comes along.

15. mikemorton

mikemorton Minimodder

Since I first started this thread I've settled down into something of a routine.

I'm now playing a main title, such as BF:BC2 for a couple of hours then relaxing afterwards with something like Plants vs. Zombies.

Actually, is that game relaxing? It's "blooming" intense at times!

16. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Depends on the game.

Mostly, I play flat out until they're complete. Some even get an immediate replay if they're awesome (Mass Effect 1+2, I'm looking at you!).

Some games, I need to take a break from. A great example is Dead Space. The first time through, I had to stop playing every 45 minutes or so as my nerves were shot!

Then there are games that I play a quick 20 minutes on or so, like UT3 and occasionally a Homeworld 2 skirmish.

17. yakyb

yakyb i hate the person above me

play almost primarily Mortal Online but occasionally slip into minecraft

oh and GF has Game dev story on her phone

18. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

I normaly play one at a time to the end sometimes will play it again differently.
    A few game I'll play a hour or so and not play it again if I find it boring.

19. Canon

Canon Reformed

I play about 5-6 games at a time, though most not for very long. Since purchase it has been Counter Strike Source that has remained constant and the same goes for CS & CS CZ. I can see that remaining the same for many years to come, unless another comes along but I find that highly unlikely now.

P.S I will say it again, I never have and never will play Back Ops. If you ever catch me playing it, please, put me out of my misery.

20. markbrett64

markbrett64 thanks to denial I am now immortal

Finally... finally... I think I've finished with playing Dragon Age... just went passed the 400 hour mark... yeah I know... it's just one of those games where you want to find every last bloody reward and secret...

Now about to finally start FO 3, but quite liking RUSE, Sid Meier's Pirates and a daily TDM on CoDBlOps...