1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Got me a new toy today this ought to be fun

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Middle of Nowhere, 2 Feb 2003.

1. Middle of Nowhere

Middle of Nowhere What's a Dremel?

Well I went out and bought myself an airbrush today. Im gonna try to dye with it. First I got to get my hands on some dye, crack is easier to find than that stuff. anyway heres a few obligatory pics as expected.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. SmokeShank

SmokeShank What's a Dremel?

i got one like that, but it isnt like hand one, it ataches straight to the top of the can. worked ok, but not the best. good for model cars ect...

3. CameronCLWS

CameronCLWS What's a Dremel?

ooh very nice.
    as soon as you become an expert I will send you my case to do a replica of the murals in the sistine chapel...k? coool

how much did it cost ya?

4. Middle of Nowhere

cameronclws-id be happy to do a sistine chapel for you but I dont think you want to pay the shipping to guam, its a bit HIGH, like $30/lb.

It cost me $20 USD and the refill cans are like $8 for 15oz. Gotta get me some paint tommarrow and ill do a little testing.

5. Morphine

Morphine weeee!

thats the same airbrush i have, i might do a tribal design on my next case with it

6. Middle of Nowhere

morphine, what paints ahve you used with it and how did they turn out. Im gonna try vynel dye and see what comes of it.

7. dakar

dakar What's a Dremel?

those can's of air ge expensive after a while... i've got a couple of different airbrushes so i made an adapter to hook it up to my pnumatic nailer compressor and it works very well. Now if i could only find some talent i'd be all set. But they are definately fun to play with.

You can find small pancake compressors for about $40 at most hobby type shops that will run your brush...at $8-10 bucks a can it pays for itself in short order.

8. Morphine

Morphine weeee!

i use regular testors model paints. I make a 3:1 ratio of paint to paint thinner. im not sure if vinyl dye would be a good idea with this, because it might mess with the nozzle on the paint container part. ive painted up some model cars, airplanes (sweet desert camo on a bomber i made) and some wooden stuff for school. just dont hold the airbrush too close to the subject and itll turn out fine. theres nothing worse than a big older drip or gloob of paint drying on what your paintin.

9. Morphine

Morphine weeee!

oh yeah, something else that worked for me (but pissed my mom off bad!) is to ue the tub/shower as a paint booth. get the room nice and steamy, with the exhaust fan runnin, then turn the water off and let all the steam clear. this makes it like a clean room, no dust and little floaties left in the air. just line the tub with nespaper and paint away. be sure to leave the fan runnin to get rid of the bad fumes :hip: and itll turn out pretty good. you wont get all the crap sticking to your paint like you sometimes do if you paint in the garage or wherever.