1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding My Setup

Discussion in 'Modding' started by jabin, 28 Nov 2010.

1. jabin

jabin What's a Dremel?

Ok so I saw a picture of a computer desk and thought I could do better.
    Its made from:

3/4" oak plywood
    pine 2X4's cut down to 1/8" thick on top edge and 1/4" down the side for trim around the top and bottom.
    3/8"X3/4" mahogany trim for front and back of desk (hides the pesky ends of plywood)
    lots of glue, biscuit wafers, wooden dowels, polyurethane, cherry stain for bottom parts of desk and red mahogany stain for top of desk some pin stripping and car decals to add a little extra to it (note: decals and pin stripping are under 4 coats of poly)
    very little hardware was used in this desk

fans, switch, and wires I got from http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php

UV reactive acrylic was from http://www.acryan.com/en/

I may not have the most up to date hardware but I get by with what I have :)

also pictures may be random during build I took at different times

So enjoy I know I am.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

picture of the inside, not much but it works for me :)

[​IMG]

pics of front door closed with dvd drives, LCD display and a momentary on/off switch
    temp has gone down a bit since picture (fan in backwards) doh!!! also the glass that sits on top is 1/4" tempered

[​IMG]

pic of the front doors to access wires easier glass door 1/8" tempered glass.

[​IMG]

here is an overview of the desk not completely put together some parts in there just for test fits. right side has 3/8" glass shelves annealed and the door is 1/8" tempered glass

[​IMG]

pic of the back of desk different power supply in place for test fit fan hole and radiator hole

[​IMG]

desk with lights on

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

now for some detail pics:

inside of desk

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

the feet :)

[​IMG]

2. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

Huge pics! Took ages to load.. But it's pretty sweet! Must get a lot of comments.

3. vmast3r

vmast3r What's a Dremel?

That...

But yea, nice setup. I'm thinking of doing one of these pc-built-right-into-desk mods some day, heh, they're pretty sweet.

4. mrnathan92

mrnathan92 What's a Dremel?

Wow, Looks good would love to have sommert like that :D