1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Omega Point

Omega Point Minimodder

They re-instated it today. (For items sent from today)

2. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

:thumb: first i was like oh crap, then i was like :clap:

anyone know how it works? I mean how they get the parcels between citys? with special delivery exc?

3. Canon

Canon Reformed

Several little things, after a week of being extremely busy with holiday related things and even spending a couple of days away from home with family I was unable to repair my home PC. My network and audio drivers had screwed up and I eventually decided a clean OS was a good idea, so I've been shut off from the internet for some time. Come home to sort it out and re-install everything I need and get all my important info back in it's place, realise I have to go and get some shopping. I go out shopping and get what I need (early afternoon) return home (after being held back by about 45 mins by my niece who rather adorably didn't want me to leave). I noticed that my letterbox was ajar, open the door and there it is, the dreaded red sheet 'You were out' so we dumped your very important, very late items and christmas presents in your local collection point/depot, which is by no means local. So now I have to trail myself to the collection point and remember to take some ID with me and that ****ing sheet, to collect christmas presents that I wasn't able to give on Christmas day despite ordering early (beginning of December) to avoid problems and on some items paying double postage to garuntee arrival in time. Also worth noting the items were all posted out same day, first week of December. Piss poor effort Royal Mail.

4. Weekly_Estimate

Now that Blows!, :duh:

5. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

Plumbing!

Boilers for radiators are on the fritz. My radiator is stone cold.

Oh, and none of the sinks or the shower will drain in real time. 4 inches of water in shower takes 4 hours to drain, kitchen sink after doing dishes won't drain completely overnight.

Last time I had to call the landlord about the boiler it was 102 F in my apartment/flat and I'm in the basement. Hotter on 3rd floor

Sigh...

6. Weekly_Estimate

same, having a new boiler fitted tomorrow though :) my computer generates enough heat to keep my warm tho :)

7. Canon

Canon Reformed

:O At least you have water, two thirds of the country have just been left without water since yesterday evening, me included during some hours.

8. Weekly_Estimate

heard on the radio today, everyone's visiting sports centres or some crap to wash. Sucks to be you!

9. Canon

Canon Reformed

I'm one of the lucky few that has what I need to get by. It's ****ing hilarious to see people getting into scuffles in supermarkets over a two litre bottle of water though, knowing that next week the same people will walk past it without a glance.

10. Weekly_Estimate

Good time to start importing water into Ireland then? lol

11. Akkatha

Akkatha *SCREECH!* /run away.

New Years......

I'm in a weird situation. In my town literally everyone knows everyone else. I've had a shoddy year full of several falling-outs with a few people which has left me with really limited options.

Kinda strange when your best mates still hang out with your ex.... especially when it was a terrible break up and we dont talk. So yeah, either head out with my mates for an awkward night and an argument, or stay in. Probably the latter!

Oh, and I have a birthday in 2 weeks too.... where the same thing will likely happen!

At least work is still awesome.

12. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Please, no one else bring up talladega and mvagusta again. They were already told and have been reminded not to talk to or about one another.

13. Weekly_Estimate

Tomorrow I agreed to go out with my marine buddy once again, Funds might play a massive part in going out or staying in, I've managed to get away from my other friends which are going to a rave.

I really wanted to start this year off healthy and not hungover, eating the right things exc, But as he's stuck on his own in camp doing nothing, I had to accept. :)

14. C0nKer

C0nKer What's a Dremel?

My house got broken into, skillfully.

I lost my wallet and every single important identification in it, and cash, and I lost my much desired HTC Desire.

well, my housemate lost a MacBook Pro and a one week old BlackBerry.

bummer.

15. Weekly_Estimate

Bummer indeed!, your friend lost his MacBook?... now that sucks lol

16. C-Sniper

C-Sniper Stop Trolling this space Ądmins!

Food Poisoning/Flu

Can't really tell which one yet

17. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

I just arrived home from the third Giants home game of the week, and the third consecutive home loss for the team which are top of the table. Serious questions are being asked regarding whether they can actually hold together and pull off a league win this season. I really hope this is a "one off" week, because if we don't break this losing streak on Sunday night, things are going to get bad.

Not only does the fact that they lost again dishearten me, but the fact that they got booed off the ice both on Tuesday night and tonight makes me downright angry. I've never seen fans turn on a team so fast in my life - they should be absolutely ashamed of themselves for not applauding their home team for playing two fantastic games - they were outplayed and beaten, but they still played pretty well and played until the end. There's a guy who sits just left and below the camera point where I am during the games who consistently, at every game shouts negative comments at the team when they miss a pass, shoot an off-target puck or are trailing on goals. These past couple of games, I've felt like locking the camera off, walking down and dragging him out of his seat by the collar. There's just absolutely no need for s**t like that.

18. Canon

Canon Reformed

You should give him a jersey and stick, kick him onto the ice and tell him if he knows so much to go and do it himself.

Silly really, if he's that disappointed so often he should save himself and everyone else the bother and forget buying the next ticket. Just some real morons out there I guess.

19. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

He's a season ticket holder - always wears his season ticket jersey to games. And he's not disappointed, he's a just a disruptive, trolling asshole.

20. chimmy09

chimmy09 What's a Dremel?

My grandpa is in the hospital