1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards Asus Sabertooth X58 -> HDD, DVD, SSD issues

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by 4D1, 6 Jan 2011.

1. 4D1

4D1 What's a Dremel?

Hi Guys,

I have an Asus Sabertooth motherboard that I recently purchased, I set it up and installed windows and all was working great, then I rebooted windows after it had installed and got a no bootable device error, strange I thought so I made sure the sata cable had not become disconected, it hadn't, so I was concerned my SSD might have been damaged some how, so I swapped it to a different port and it worked again, but my other HDD was no longer recognised... Anyway I have been fiddling with the ports for a while now and I can get both HDD's recognised by plugging them into random ports, but not the DVD drive. I can't get all 3 recognised at once, considering this was working fine originally this is extremely annoying, also I noticed after the initial reboot that the bios main screen is hanging alot longer than it used to, and if I enter the bios I get the POST screen for quite a while before it recognises any HDD's and the boot device LED on the MOBO has started to come on, even though it later finds a bootable device, this is really annoying me now, does anyone know what the issue might be?

Thanks in advance

2. brooksy

brooksy What's a Dremel?

The only thing i can think of is that you have set the drive up on one type of sata port then moved it or changed the setting for that ports controller. The two Stata3 ports have their own driver and achi settings. Mike

3. 4D1

4D1 What's a Dremel?

Thanks for the response, all the Sata ports are set to IDE in the bios, I didnt change any bios settings before these issues arose, do you think updating the bios will rectify these issues?

Sorry I should have mentioned, my HDD, SSD and DVD Drive are all Sata II not Sata III